Spirit Diamond brunch/cocktail party

wwwcruisers

21 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Pretty sure all ships are doing the Diamond brunch now.  There were over 100 Diamonds on the Pride last week, and we had a lovely lunch on the first sea day.  

No, depends on how many Diamonds are onboard.  On my 5-day Valor cruise over Halloween week there were only 30-something of us.  Apparently that's not enough for lunch, so we got a cocktail party with passed hors d'oeuvres in the Paris Hot Lounge--which didn't make much sense for a reception before noon.  On every other ship where the event was a cocktail party, it's been in the late afternoon or evening.

3 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

No, depends on how many Diamonds are onboard.  On my 5-day Valor cruise over Halloween week there were only 30-something of us.  Apparently that's not enough for lunch, so we got a cocktail party with passed hors d'oeuvres in the Paris Hot Lounge--which didn't make much sense for a reception before noon.  On every other ship where the event was a cocktail party, it's been in the late afternoon or evening.

That is odd. Sorry you didn’t get the Diamond “brunch.”  It really is lunch. I don’t recall a single breakfast item.  Our entree choices were filet, gnocchi or crab cake.  

1 minute ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It seems like even the cocktail receptions are all held earlier in the day. We had one at 10AM one time. Can't remember the last time they had it in the evening. 

5 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

That is odd. Sorry you didn’t get the Diamond “brunch.”  It really is lunch. I don’t recall a single breakfast item.  Our entree choices were filet, gnocchi or crab cake.  

I've had it before, always with lunch items on the menu and the entree choices are usually steak, a seafood option, and a vegetarian option.  I just about always go because the quality is better than just about anything else available for lunch.  I usually get the steak, which is always a better cut than the everyday menu steak in the MDR for dinner or the steak and eggs at brunch.

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

It seems like even the cocktail receptions are all held earlier in the day. We had one at 10AM one time. Can't remember the last time they had it in the evening. 

I stopped cruising Carnival so much due to their cuts after the restart.  Since the restart I've only had one sailing with the cocktail party instead of lunch--on Splendor out of Australia last year--and that was in the evening.  Before the restart the cocktail parties were always in the evening, so this is my first morning cocktail party.  I don't see a logical reason for scheduling them in the morning, other than encouraging people not to come because they don't want to go to a cocktail party that early.