Transportation to Port Everglades

Swabia

My wife and I will be traveling from Delray Beach, FL to Port Everglades is a couple of weeks to catch a cruise on the Rotterdam. Any opinion about whether I would be better off driving and parking at an off-stie facility with a shuttle service (e.g. park by the ports) or just taking an Uber/Lyft to the port? My primary concern about the Uber/Lyft option is that the driver may not be familiar with the drop-off route down by the port and leave us some distance away from the check-in area with our luggage. Justified concern, or not?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

@Swabia We drive from Ocala (the day before) and have used Park by the Ports several times. Have been very pleased with their service. On several occasions, we have met cruisers at the hotel who were leaving their car at the hotel (for a fee, of course) and using the hotel's shuttle. They seemed pleased with the arrangement. Others were taking an Uber rather than the hotel shuttle as it was less expensive. On one cruise our DS and DDIL joined us, flying down from New York. They took an Uber from the hotel to the cruise port, The driver dropped them off at the luggage drop-off point, no problem.

We did a Lyft/Uber and the driver knew the routine (everyone gets out your photo ID at the gate) and where to go. You can find which terminal the ship is at prior to going and the road is well marked to where to go for which ship. We were dropped off right at the luggage porters (as directed by the street patrols). 

We just completed a cruise and drove from tn to port, parked at park n go near cruise terminal and it is super simple and much less stressful than going into the port,IMO, they dropped our bags right at the terminal and we walked in, had to wait in line briefly when we returned from the cruise but that was expected.

The drop off is a piece of cake. The pick up can involve a bit more waiting time , they have to find you in the midst of all the congestion when a ship is debarking passengers. 
It works if you have a little time and patience.

The off site parking lots ( park and go ) do a great job at a competitive price, and on site parking is also very well organized. Sometimes getting your luggage in the elevator and up to the proper deck can be a bit challenging. A porter makes a big difference.

Hope it goes well whichever way you choose.👍🍀

1 hour ago, Swabia said:

My wife and I will be traveling from Delray Beach, FL to Port Everglades is a couple of weeks to catch a cruise on the Rotterdam. Any opinion about whether I would be better off driving and parking at an off-stie facility with a shuttle service (e.g. park by the ports) or just taking an Uber/Lyft to the port? My primary concern about the Uber/Lyft option is that the driver may not be familiar with the drop-off route down by the port and leave us some distance away from the check-in area with our luggage. Justified concern, or not?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

We are on the same cruise on 3 December and live in Boynton Beach.  Send me an email at bnbmoore1 at gmail dot com and we can discuss some options.

Barbara

Take the Tri-Rail from Delray Beach to Ft. Lauderdale Station and then Uber to the port.

Or

Ft. Lauderdale TriRail Station has a FREE shuttle to Ft. Lauderdale Airport.  Then take Uber to the Port.  (depends if you want the cheaper way if you have time.