Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

As I said not really a soup person, but that was very delicious and so hot it needed to come with a warning label. I'd get that again if I had a soup craving.

Stuffed mushrooms 637...points will need to be deducted for presentation 😆 

20231129_183656.thumb.jpg.7c5a06ca12781044b4caf6bb74838d02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Those were the same mushrooms I had when I tried the new vegan menu on Freedom. Very good sloppy presentation and all.

Lots of nice looking mains tonight but I narrowed my choices to these two.

Reading is fundamental. I know ow what pepper steak is, I was not expecting this...

Pepper steak 637

20231129_185324.thumb.jpg.46b81fce30f65d6c50c4d5822e9d51c4.jpg

Extra side of broccoli 

20231129_185326.thumb.jpg.7c74ac5f214db95a66e54d0e445aedb9.jpg

Fried catfish.

1701302188565408585307683792830.thumb.jpg.adaff237220951c3081f7ecb32c4cf24.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Here is something I don't say too often...that was a lot of food.

I contemplated canceling dessert but I hate cancel culture so I am going to power through 😀

WCMC Mickey Mouse style 718. 

20231129_191828.thumb.jpg.425c3c753de6eda302ea04faebd9a280.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 9

39 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Those were the same mushrooms I had when I tried the new vegan menu on Freedom. Very good sloppy presentation and all.

Lots of nice looking mains tonight but I narrowed my choices to these two.

Reading is fundamental. I know ow what pepper steak is, I was not expecting this...

Pepper steak 637

20231129_185324.thumb.jpg.46b81fce30f65d6c50c4d5822e9d51c4.jpg

Extra side of broccoli 

20231129_185326.thumb.jpg.7c74ac5f214db95a66e54d0e445aedb9.jpg

Fried catfish.

1701302188565408585307683792830.thumb.jpg.adaff237220951c3081f7ecb32c4cf24.jpg

I clicked like but I wanted to laugh at the pepper steak!!

The catfish looks good!!

Hugs!!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

I clicked like but I wanted to laugh at the pepper steak!!

The catfish looks good!!

Hugs!!

It was a laughable moment for sure when I first saw it. Was not what I expected at all 😂

8 minutes ago, broberts said:

I don't know what a ”cheesy potato straw is, (neither does Google), but this ain't it. And where are the onions and bell peppers? Was it tasty?

I guess that sounds classier than french fries covered in nacho cheese sauce. They were there just hiding under all that other stuff. It was actually very very good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mklbee said:

Ha!!!! (BURP !!!)

YEP !!

5 minutes ago, Mklbee said:

🤣 Should have tip toed over and drank it while you took a nap !!😆😇

image.png.1d6072a687e7bc5ded21c767fed48b94.png

I'm a light sleeper but I will make sure I don't give any clues to where my room is in two weeks 😆

• Haha 2

That pepper steak was certainly not traditional but you know what...it was excellent. The steak strips were seasoned perfectly and were extremely tender. There were maybe one or two pieces that were a little chewy, but mostly very tender. The fries were an interesting choice, but they also had a nice flavor and the cheese sauce was thick and not watery and added another great flavor to the mix.

A gourmet option it is not, more like something you would order at TGIFridays, but I like Fridays and would be very happy to order this. Very tasty and unexpected dish.

The catfish was breaded in the same cornmeal as the cornmeal crusted chicken which was a favorite from the previous menus. Sometimes the chicken came out dry, but the crust was always good. This was delicious and had that nice crunch to it. It was maybe just a little too salty for my taste but the tartar sauce balanced that out. Only trouble then was you lost that cornmeal flavor. 

The macaroni was quite possibly the best cruise ship mac and cheese I've ever had. The flavor was perfect and just like the cheese from the previous dish, it was a nice hearty cheese and not a cheese and water mixture. It also was topped with a layer of cheese that was like a blanket keeping the warmth of the dish trapped inside so that it was fresh from the oven hot still when it reached me.

There was also spinach hiding under the dish again. Only a tiny portion, but I had so much to eat at this point I was quite ok with it but I could eat a whole dish of that spinach.

Very big fan of these new menu items so far. Creative and delicious.

The dessert was good. Melting a little but slightly more done than I would have liked and more cooked through than my soufflé from last night. I was also quite full at this point.

The wait staff tonight were friendly and engaging, nice improvement. The overall wait time was bordering on too long for me as a solo diner, however.

• Like 10

Guess if the pepper steak was good then it was ok but I have never seen pepper steak look like that before. 

Question are you in the same room for each sailing or do you have to move each cruise?

On my bucket list is at least   on b2b cruise would love to to a b2b2b one day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I've stopped off at the room and Stuart has taken my laundry and left an elephant.

20231129_124528-XL.jpg

But wait, I am inheriting quite a zoo here 🙂

20231129_124537-XL.jpg

20231129_124542-XL.jpg

Interesting that until recently I only got to keep them when I was in an Ocean View. I could leave them in the window. Now it's happened a few times in an inside. On our 14 day, my mom had to ask for them to be removed, they were getting a bit out of hand but it's just me and just six days (I change rooms) so I will enjoy my new friends.

I've often taken them apart and used the towels. Is that not the right thing to do? Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, minniegidget said:

Guess if the pepper steak was good then it was ok but I have never seen pepper steak look like that before. 

Question are you in the same room for each sailing or do you have to move each cruise?

On my bucket list is at least   on b2b cruise would love to to a b2b2b one day.

Never seen it prepared that way either. Definitely a creative interpretation. 

First two weeks I have different rooms. Then I move again and the final two weeks I got the same room. I book whatever is cheapest and sometimes that means changing cabins.

B2B are awesome because that last night when everyone is sad and packing, you've got another week to go 😀

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

I have no idea what happened the other night. I thought I had three drinks left in the mobile bar when I realized I was down to one and cut myself off. 

Bar was empty y'all. Just a drop left. No wonder I got so tore up, that's two bottles I killed and I am not a professional drinker like that.  

Killing the pint glass first then using the champagne glass so I can measure my pours better tonight.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, tradewinds traveler said:

What type of coffee drink do you order? They look so yummy.

Double chocolate frappe. They are so yummy 😋.

Carnival and Royal have the best ones I've had at sea. Slight edge to Royal because they are free with my loyalty status.

• Like 1