Egypt and Israel 2024 itinerary updates?

Whitby100

I am wondering if anyone has any info on the itinerary shifts for the autumn 2024 cruises to Egypt and Israel.  I notice that they are no longer showing prices and presume they are making adjustments.  Has anyone booked on these cruises received any information?  Those of you who are more experienced than I, any idea how long before they’ll make decisions?  Announcements? Thanks.

For many ships - across all cruise lines - it won't just be a case of a tweak to a set of itineraries.  Many will have complete redeployments, and it can take some time for the line to make (and then potentially refine and adjust multiple times) all the port, excursion & supply pieces of the jigsaw that is a viable cruise that people want to buy and sail on.

This will take many many weeks, and each will be ready to announce the resulting cancellations, redeployments, replacement cruises and itinerary changes at different times.

• Like 1

I only cruise with Azamara so I am specifically interested in their cruises.   Wondered if there were booked cruisers who had had communication from AZ and how close to the initial sailing dates AZ can leave it before announcing itinerary shifts.  This is not going to be a switch on a few ports and they will want lead time to sell the new route and potentially stop booked cruisers from cancelling.  Perhaps before final payments are due?

We have been seeing in the post-Covid restart period that many ports get crowded and bump ships – this happened to me (and Grandma Cruising) on the Adriatic Wonders voyage in October 2022, when Piraeus moved the ship's turnaround reservation and forced Azamara to add a day to the cruise.  That was before the massive deployment changes that are being caused by the latest situation.  

Every cruise line has cruises affected now, and they are all trying to switch to itineraries visiting the same few popular ports [to help sell the new itineraries at short notice] – and I imagine many are being told 'no, we're already full.'  

Azamara has the benefit of small ships that can call on smaller ports, but they lack the clout of RCG to get the priority among the clamor.  And they can't just add sea days, because of their destination-immersion focus.  So it's going to take time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Whitby100 said:

I am wondering if anyone has any info on the itinerary shifts for the autumn 2024 cruises to Egypt and Israel.  I notice that they are no longer showing prices and presume they are making adjustments.  Has anyone booked on these cruises received any information?  Those of you who are more experienced than I, any idea how long before they’ll make decisions?  Announcements? Thanks.

We are booked on the World Voyage 2024. In April we were scheduled for 2 port stops in Israel. We were just notified of an itinerary change for this segment. Israel has been removed and replaced with 2 additional Turkey stops in Alanya and Antalya. As well as adding Rhodes, Greece.

Our ports in Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt remain, except for a flip of dates between Aqaba and Sharm El Sheikh.

For those who have just booked this segment, final payment is at the end of December. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

We are on Journey, 3 May 2024 and also just been notified our one stop in Israel has been replaced with Santorini and as per World Voyage segment, Aqaba and Sharm El Sheikh dates have been swopped round. Final payment due early in new year.