Quick Koningsdam Review 11/25/23

BruhnSisters

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

BruhnSisters was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Greetings!  Disembarked with my beloved Sister today.  We had a fantastic week

Loved It:

* New Library is gorgeous and peaceful.

* The food variety, taste and temperatures were superb.  My faves were:  Rudi's coq au vin.  Dutch Cafe's split pea soup, and Lido's poppy seed rolls.

* Musicians at BB Kings and Rolling Stone Rock Room were super engaging and talented.

* Our obstructed view balcony room was beautiful and in a great central location.  Lots of storage space.  Great water pressure in shower.

* I ordered flowers on board, looking at the florist book at the front desk, and they were gorgeous mixed carnations for only $29.  Stayed fresh all week!

* Kind, patient and hard working crew.  

Liked It:

* Deal or No Deal was fun to watch on main stage and the host was terrific.

* Seeing family groups have fun together over the Thanksgiving holidays.

* Despite a sold out ship, we were still able to find uncrowded nooks to read and spaces to enjoy the sea. 

* Great weather for walking the promenade deck.  Fun walking around Avalon and San Francisco.  

Small Issues:

* AC/Heat thermostat in our cabin didn't work first few hours, but was thankfully fixed and fine for the rest of our journey.  

* Onboard account had a few glitches that we had to get fixed at front desk.  Also had to get a working key card for our cabin.

* There were 3,000 (only exaggerating a little) kids in the lido pool and hot tubs . . . but hey they were on break and having fun.

* Loooooooong line to clear customs on the ship . . . but I didn't get in any trouble . . . this time . . . 

I'm very grateful for my wonderful cruise!!!!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, BruhnSisters said:

Greetings!  Disembarked with my beloved Sister today.  We had a fantastic week

Loved It:

* New Library is gorgeous and peaceful.

* The food variety, taste and temperatures were superb.  My faves were:  Rudi's coq au vin.  Dutch Cafe's split pea soup, and Lido's poppy seed rolls.

* Musicians at BB Kings and Rolling Stone Rock Room were super engaging and talented.

* Our obstructed view balcony room was beautiful and in a great central location.  Lots of storage space.  Great water pressure in shower.

* I ordered flowers on board, looking at the florist book at the front desk, and they were gorgeous mixed carnations for only $29.  Stayed fresh all week!

* Kind, patient and hard working crew.  

Liked It:

* Deal or No Deal was fun to watch on main stage and the host was terrific.

* Seeing family groups have fun together over the Thanksgiving holidays.

* Despite a sold out ship, we were still able to find uncrowded nooks to read and spaces to enjoy the sea. 

* Great weather for walking the promenade deck.  Fun walking around Avalon and San Francisco.  

Small Issues:

* AC/Heat thermostat in our cabin didn't work first few hours, but was thankfully fixed and fine for the rest of our journey.  

* Onboard account had a few glitches that we had to get fixed at front desk.  Also had to get a working key card for our cabin.

* There were 3,000 (only exaggerating a little) kids in the lido pool and hot tubs . . . but hey they were on break and having fun.

* Loooooooong line to clear customs on the ship . . . but I didn't get in any trouble . . . this time . . . 

I'm very grateful for my wonderful cruise!!!!

We were on this same cruise.  Wonderful ship, great staff, very good to excellent food, shows that we saw were entertaining.  There were a lot of kids having noisy fun and most of the time we could find quiet places to enjoy the sea or read.  Cheers.

Edited by Bemidji Ty
Govt Regulations
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bemidji Ty said:

We were on this same cruise.  Wonderful ship, great staff, very good to excellent food, shows that we saw were entertaining.  There were a lot of kids having noisy fun and most of the time we could find quiet places to enjoy the sea.  Cheers.

1 minute ago, Bemidji Ty said:

We were on this same cruise.  Wonderful ship, great staff, very good to excellent food, shows that we saw were entertaining.  There were a lot of kids having noisy fun and most of the time we could find quiet places to enjoy the sea.  Cheers.

Thanks. Good to know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 0106 said:

@cmrvancouver I’d love to hear more about your experience at Morimoto.

They have an option of 3 sake cocktails and sake flight and various other sakes. I had a yuzu and sake cocktail  at the bar before we sat down which was very good. I also had a sparkling sake which I quite enjoyed but I think it would probably be more refreshing after a meal. we split the sushi plate and the gyozas. the sushi plate was huge and I'm glad we didn't have a later lunch as there was a lot of food.  We ordered the shrimp 3 ways which was delicious, the lobster pad Thai which I found a little too spicy for my taste but it was definitely very good. for dessert we had the chocolate fondant ball as well as the sorbets which were very refreshing after such a heavy meal. Service and ambiance were good. I would definitely pay to go again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4