Joy - Live entertainment / piano or guitar classic rock?

nlooser

My family and I will be on Joy in December.  I know about the Beatles cover band and the shows in the theater.  I’m curious what options exist in any bars/venues with either a piano player or guitar player doing classic rock/sing-along type shows?  Are there any good ones to look for on Joy?

Those entertainers are changed out often, the ones there this week may not be there when you sail.  When I was on the Escape in March two of the four Howl at the Moon performers were there for only a couple weeks.

Yes, some have a "residency" type of contract where they're on for several months. 

Then you have the situation I had with one of the comedians in March, he was on my cruise on another ship the previous year.

15 minutes ago, nlooser said:

My family and I will be on Joy in December.  I know about the Beatles cover band and the shows in the theater.  I’m curious what options exist in any bars/venues with either a piano player or guitar player doing classic rock/sing-along type shows?  Are there any good ones to look for on Joy?

It changes all the time.  When we were on the Joy last October, we had a fantastic piano/guitar/vocalist in the Brewhouse named Ryan North.  I doubt he is still on the Joy.

2 minutes ago, hallux said:

Then you have the situation I had with one of the comedians in March, he was on my cruise on another ship the previous year.

It's always a great surprise when that happens.  We were on the Encore in last Spring and encountered Guns and Rojas, who had been on the Epic with us in 2019.  Great band!!

• Like 1

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's always a great surprise when that happens.  We were on the Encore in last Spring and encountered Guns and Rojas, who had been on the Epic with us in 2019.  Great band!!

With a band, maybe.  With a comedian, who hasn't changed his act - not so much.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hallux said:

With a band, maybe.  With a comedian, who hasn't changed his act - not so much.

Yeah.  I would agree with that.  I really don't spend much time listening to the comedians unless there's a lull in good music.  Last year a guy tried to Don Rickles me about home ownership and he got more than he bargained for (i.e. he made himself look stupid).  Come to think of it, that DID really amuse me.🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nlooser said:

Guest performers sign contracts from 1 week to a few months. 

Check out the Freestyle dailies on my live post below. There is entertainment all over the ship. This link will give you an idea on where music is. This was a slightly abnormally,cruise since both main theater shows were cancelled due to cast injuries.