Wifi Upgrade Offer not offered for single cabins?

cruiselover1002

Hi i'm a first time celebrity cruiser. I am going with my parents and aunt on the beyond in june. my parents booked a balcony room and my aunt and i each booked a solo room. The solo rooms came with a the 'all included' package automatically, and my parents added their all included package to their room. On the site my parents have the option to upgrade their basic wifi to the premium for 4.99 a day, When my aunt and I look at our bookings the options for premium wifi is 14.99 a day and 27.99 a day. Has anyone booked a solo room and had a similar issue? I originally thought it might be because the wifi was included automatically, but it allows me to upgrade my drink package so that wouldn't make sense. Has anyone else had similar issues? I've emailed and and attempted to chat with celebrity. No ones gotten back to me via email, and getting through to a live person on chat has been fruitless. I will try calling later but i figured id ask, before i go through calling. 

Others likely have more experience and insight on this but I've found Celebrity's promotions for upgrades to be inconsistent and difficult to predict. From what I've read on this forum, different promotions are offered to different cruisers - it may be based on loyalty level, stateroom category, country, and/or some random algorithm thing... For my cruises earlier this year - including on the Beyond in August in a solo cabin - I was offered a discounted wifi upgrade coupon on several occasions. For my upcoming cruises I have been offered discounted drink package upgrades but nothing for wifi. I would suggest that you keep checking the cruise planner particularly around sales/holidays. Good luck! (And a call to Celebrity wouldn't hurt...if you can reach them.)

Are you sure you actually have All Included? The single cabins don't automatically come with that. You still chose (and pay accordingly) to upgrade to All Included. Check your order history to see if there is a drink and WiFi package listed with $0.00 cost. 

53 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I thought the only WiFi option was the premium. That's all that shows in the cruise planner anyway.

You only get basic with AI, so an upgrade is available. Separate purchases are premium only.

2 hours ago, RTShaker said:

You only get basic with AI, so an upgrade is available. Separate purchases are premium only.

Ah. Gotcha. I quit doing AI since as a solo cruiser I was getting charged for 2 packages - drink and internet. (Not in the solo IVs. But when I did that cabin I had an option to do cruise only or AI.)