Any Access Desk Suggestions?

Bryton-1

So far, NCL has been great with coordinating and communicating. So, is there anything you would say is a MUST to coordinate with the access desk?

First time solo with NCL. I’ve got the accessible cabin booked. For context, it’s low vision and walking impairment that’s the crux of my disability. 

I only recently discovered that they have a mattress pad option that can help if the mattress is uncomfortable. 

I asked them to clear the fridge so I can store what I need, no issues there. 

Any other suggestions to do prior to boarding? I like to get things done beforehand so it minimizes stress and disruption. 

Edited by Bryton-1

The Must in NCL Access Desk will depend on what you need. For me, I get distilled water for my CPAP machine, the egg crate foam topper for my bed (I wound up with 2 foam egg crate toppers on the Escape), an extra flat bed sheet. The other thing I ask for that they do is I want the bed stripped and all the clean linens (no fragrance) in a clean bag because I need to add allergy covers to it. (They do not provide those; it takes too long.)

They empty the fridge and provide the sharps container.

I also use the form for my food allergies and restrictive diet and to get authorization for if I need to bring anything on that is normally restricted. 

Thanks! I wasn’t sure if there were things that one, as a disabled traveler with NCL would find incredibly useful but not normally thought about. I asked for large print menu and the mattress topper along with the fridge emptied. 

Thanks for the reply

A few tips for using the access desk...

If you have a good PCC with NCL, they can sometimes transfer your Access Desk requests from cruise to cruise. We have a liquid exemption and our PCC just transfers it to our next booking so we don't have to fill out the form again.

We've had good luck dealing with the Access Desk and found them to be overall very helpful. The only thing they couldn't supply to us was a heating pad. We knew we couldn't bring one, but were hoping we could get one on board. That was a no-go.

We actually had dialysis supplies delivered to the ship and NCL was easy to work with. We were in a DOS on the Dawn and the butler came to find us in the waiting area to let us know the supplies had been delivered and were in the cabin. That was a huge relief to us.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, brookie848 said:

A few tips for using the access desk...

If you have a good PCC with NCL, they can sometimes transfer your Access Desk requests from cruise to cruise. We have a liquid exemption and our PCC just transfers it to our next booking so we don't have to fill out the form again.

We've had good luck dealing with the Access Desk and found them to be overall very helpful. The only thing they couldn't supply to us was a heating pad. We knew we couldn't bring one, but were hoping we could get one on board. That was a no-go.

We actually had dialysis supplies delivered to the ship and NCL was easy to work with. We were in a DOS on the Dawn and the butler came to find us in the waiting area to let us know the supplies had been delivered and were in the cabin. That was a huge relief to us.

Enjoy your cruise!

Would maybe like a hot water bottle pad work? I’m just thinking outside the box… 

thank you for the insight. 

4 minutes ago, Bryton-1 said:

Would maybe like a hot water bottle pad work? I’m just thinking outside the box… 

thank you for the insight. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but the heating pad is not needed at this time. It was originally needed to warm up dialysis fluid. We ended up just putting the bags of fluid on the floor in front of the windows (we had a forward-facing cabin) and that ended up working quite well for us.

• Like 1