Arrive Piraeus at 5am...

GotMINI

I'm on a Celebrity Infinity cruise which will arrive back into Piraeus at 5am on a Monday.  What time does Celebrity start regular disembarkation and/or what time can we walk off the ship if we don't want to wait?   What's the earliest I can plan a flight home from Athens?   Thanks in advance for guidance.  I've only ever cruised out of Florida, so this will be a 1st for me.  

When I sailed Apex back in Sept 2021, we started disembarkation at Piraeus between 7AM-7:15AM. I had my driver pick us up at 7:30AM

Drive from Piraeus to the Airport varies depending on traffic. Budget an hour. Then add another 2-3 hours to get through the security before boarding the flight. In my opinion, you shouldn't book flight before noon just to be safe

Looking at my itinerary from that trip, it looks like my flight back to US was around 2:30pm. So we hired a driver and he drove us around in Athens before dropping us off at the airport with plenty of time.

Edited by ETHTrader

13 hours ago, ETHTrader said:

When I sailed Apex back in Sept 2021, we started disembarkation at Piraeus between 7AM-7:15AM. I had my driver pick us up at 7:30AM

Drive from Piraeus to the Airport varies depending on traffic. Budget an hour. Then add another 2-3 hours to get through the security before boarding the flight. In my opinion, you shouldn't book flight before noon just to be safe

Looking at my itinerary from that trip, it looks like my flight back to US was around 2:30pm. So we hired a driver and he drove us around in Athens before dropping us off at the airport with plenty of time.

This was our experience on the Apex in September. We had a noon flight to Santorini, we got off the ship at 8am and took our hired transportation to the airport. The lines at the airport were long and check in took over an hour. We were at our gate by 11:00 but it can be longer for international flights.

• Like 1