drinks

When it comes to drinks we are mainly wine drinker a good sauvignon blanc at lunch time and prefer a malbec or shiraz in the evening. Gin and tonic we will drink Gordons but I like proper slim line tonic not out of a pump. Same if I was to have a soft drink.

Is it worth upgrading I cant remember if we did last time. 

Can anyone tell me the present cost to upgrade ?

Thanks 

I have never found upgrading worthwhile. Just back from Discovery2 & the G&T was fine and Sauvignon ok. Pinot Grigio not so nice! You could always have the occasional extra drink. You will discover (or we did) the full drinks menu hard to find. Marella and the waiters who get 10% commission on paid for drinks (on top of their miserly wage) are very happy for you to spend more! We also found in the Atrium bar we could get for example a very acceptable Irish Coffee (with whisky) as part of the already included menu.

Sometimes the wine was decanted presumably from a big container and at other times from a bottle opened up in front of us. If you do not like what is first presented they will usually find another alternative - at no charge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 7:52 PM, dronnygirl said:

I believe it's £160pp for 7 nights to upgrade. Whether or not to upgrade is for you to choose, we're not big drinkers and find the basic package okay for us, we just pay the extra for the odd drink or coffee.

I think its actually £160 per couple (£80 pp) as both have to take the package

• Like 2