SM excursion credit is per person, not per per cabin

edgee

Was surprised to learn today that Simply More excursion credit cannot be shared between guests on same account in same cabin. DW and I take same tour nearly always. However, I called Oceania today to book a tour for her alone. Her tour is $119. We each have $98 unused SM excursion credit left to use. I asked if my unused credit could be used to cover the $21 additional for her to book the tour. Answer was no. We will have to pay the $21 difference for her while my $98 sits unused. Not a big deal, but slightly disappointing, considering that the credit is advertised as a set amount "per cabin."

Edited by edgee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And since this isn't SBC/OBC, you can't use this SM EC to pay gratuities, either.

[Once we're done with the B2B in the Baltic (one a 2022 booking done "cruise only" while the other was a summer 2023 SM booking), I can't imagine we'll be doing another SM cruise. The price increase over "cruise only" and the limited value of what SM provides us means this is raising our cruise fare by 25%. So unless some serious sale (see the amazing 2023 Extraordinary Savings Sale, pre-SM!) reduces the fares, we'll likely opt out of O.]

1 minute ago, edgee said:

Was surprised to learn today that Simply More excursion credit cannot be shared between guests on same account in same cabin. DW and I take same tour nearly always. However, I called Oceania today to book a tour for her alone. Her tour is $119. We each have $98 unused SM excursion credit left to use. I asked if my unused credit could be used to cover the $21 additional for her to book the tour. Answer was no. We will have to pay the $21 difference for her while my $98 sits unused. Not a big deal, but slightly disappointing.

Though things sometimes luckily got lost in the shuffle, the “per person restriction” was also the O Life policy for the tours perk. Not only were the allowable tours allocated per person on the O invoice, the dollar details for each person’s tour orders were specified on the “pre-purchased shorex pdf.”

Of course, with O Life (not sure yet about SM), if O cancelled a tour once onboard, you could opt for a $100 credit on your account that could then be applied to an added tour purchase by either cabin mate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2