Celebrity Equinox C2 vs C3 Cabin 1263

lesliew

We booked a GTY Concierge Balcony on Celebrity Equinox. 

Just received our assigned cabin as "C2 - 1263 Concierge Class"

However when I check online sites, it lists 1263 as a C3.....

I realize there is not much difference between C2 & C3 - Just curious why the discrepancy...

It would appear that any discrepancy is with the information source that provided you with stateroom 1263 as a "C3".

Agree with @Essiesmom that there are no C3 Concierge category staterooms on Eclipse.  GTY staterooms in the Concierge category are listed as XC when booked, and the three available sub-categories are C2, C1, and SC in ascending fare order based on location.  The only difference between a C2 and a C1 is deck location, with C1 being the higher fare of the two - otherwise they are the same stateroom.  An SC is an aft facing location in that class, and as such carries the highest fare.  

Typically the GTY will result in a C2 or C1 assignment, as SC's are very popular and typically are booked full independently. C2's typically are assigned first.  So in your case you received a deck 10 C2 aft location behind the "hump", which is a good location not far from the main elevator banks.  C1's typically are "hump" and mid-ship locations.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

It was not on Celebrity, it was on other sites (Cruiseline and ICruise).

I do see what you are saying about the Celebrity site and cruisedeckplans.

Either way we are happy with our room.  thanks.

24 minutes ago, lesliew said:

It was not on Celebrity, it was on other sites (Cruiseline and ICruise).

I do see what you are saying about the Celebrity site and cruisedeckplans.

Either way we are happy with our room.  thanks.

Glad this worked out favorably for you.  BTW, with Celebrity, if for some reason  you are not happy with the current C2 assignment, you can ask to have it moved to a different available C2 location if you want.  Your TA can assist with that if you used one.  If not, Celebrity can assist directly.

26 minutes ago, cruzfiend said:

how long ago did you book?, please

We booked Nov 21 but just made our final payment yesterday - and when we received the Booking confirmation the GTY was changed to a Stateroom #.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzfiend said:

Thank You, I've never done a guarantee, for the price i'm thinking of trying it for next December. Enjoy your cruise 😎

GTY's can be a good value and not always with the result of the "worst staterooms on the ship" being assigned. (Of course that is somewhat dependent on category selected).  We have done it frequently when the GTY fare was attractive enough and have not had any issues.  In fact we have had a couple of instances when we were assigned an upgraded category.  Rare, but it can happen.

Our experience has been that they assign the staterooms anywhere from 3-4 weeks prior to the sailing date up to 5 days prior. (In theory that can go to day of, but not in our experience).  Also, as mentioned previously, if you are not happy with your assignment, you can also request a change to a different location based on remaining availability within the assigned category.  

It certainly is a personal decision, but if the fare is attractive, the risks IMO are minimal.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2