Perfection: A counterpoint to recent "bah humbug" reviews of the Spirit

Midnight Cruiser

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Spirit.  We're booked on the 16 day Honolulu to Vancouver BC in April and very much looking forward to it. 

It's been a long time since our cruise on the Spirit in 2009.  We enjoyed her then and I know we'll love the beautifully renovated Spirit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Spirit.  We're booked on the 16 day Honolulu to Vancouver BC in April and very much looking forward to it. 

It's been a long time since our cruise on the Spirit in 2009.  We enjoyed her then and I know we'll love the beautifully renovated Spirit.

I think you need to change the year in your Upcoming … in your signature, 😉

• Thanks 1

We’ve done 5 cruises on the Spirit … one was our first NCL cruise in late 2006. Next was in 2018 for my 60th, and we were on her first cruise post major refurbishment in early 2020 and loved her new look and bells & whistles! 

We went back on Miss Spirit earlier this year for the two back to back Alaskan cruises and enjoyed every moment on her. Her forward observation lounge (Spinnaker) is the best in the whole NCL fleet!

• Like 3

TY so much for the review.  We had the B2B booked, canceled for a repo, now waiting for the 2025 to come out to book this very cruise!

Would love to hear more about your excursions, pictures would be a bonus!  Thanks in advance as we generally don't do ship excursions!

1 hour ago, nimbex1970 said:

Would love to hear more about your excursions, pictures would be a bonus!  Thanks in advance as we generally don't do ship excursions!

On most of the islands we rented a car and explored on our own.  On Raiatea we made a reservation months ahead of time on our own for an all-day Tahaa tour through Blue Excursion, which included 3 snorkeling stops.   It was great.  On Moorea we bought day passes at the Sofitel and the Menava resorts. We enjoyed both of them very much, particularly the Sofitel. You have to buy the passes for the Sofitel in advance, since they only sell a total of four per day.  On the Big island we drove to the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden (which is gorgeous) on one of our visits, and to the Akaka Falls and very scenic  Laupāhoehoe Beach Park on the other visit.  On Kauai we took a combined tour of the beautiful McBryde and Allerton Gardens. The tour is conducted by the garden's staff, but you have to buy tickets a few days in advance on their website. 

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 12:16 AM, kjquilts said:

I am on this cruise too - can't wait.  Hawaii had never been high on my list, but Alaska is always there, so the opportunity to combine both was too good to pass up.

• Like 2