Ambience taken out of service

peajay

Oh Alastair, that must have been such a relief. It is becoming obvious that we are going to be kept waiting for the our expenses (and obtaining comp will take even more effort). Ambassador's customer care only seems to extend to customers who actually get to travel. Everyone else (us) it left behind.

Hi to Alastair and Glynn. Today we received a refund of the enhanced insurance premium we paid, nothing extra. Not even an email of apology nor mention of any compensation. I fear this is all we will get. A fiasco and completely disappointing. 

• Like 2

Unbelievable Albertina.
i had a look on the ABTA website that Inside Cabin posted.  It looks a worthwhile route and I’ll be considering that for the massive delay on the refund. Then additional costs etc if necessary. Also considering the County Court. 

Surely Ambassador can’t just walk away from this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alastair Cruise said:

Unbelievable Albertina.
i had a look on the ABTA website that Inside Cabin posted.  It looks a worthwhile route and I’ll be considering that for the massive delay on the refund. Then additional costs etc if necessary. Also considering the County Court. 

Surely Ambassador can’t just walk away from this?

Truly I think they feel they’ve done enough and have moved on to getting new customers. We’d have no problem taking this forward and hope all the other disappointed people will join in. You in particular have had a terrible experience. 

• Like 2

Hello Fellow Travellers ~ I have today (3rd Feb) received a refund of my out-of-packet expenses for, rail fares, hotel stay and excess insurance cover from Ambassador. I received no more or less than I requested for my costs. I haven't received an email notification from Ambassador regarding this. I simply checked my bank account and there it is. So I now feel I am back at zero - well, sort of. I am sure like me you all bought stuff only because you were going to be away for 38-days over Christmas and New Year.

Now I would Ambassador to address the matter of compensation for our holiday which Ambassador cancelled, despite there being nothing wrong with MS Ambition. The ship did after all operate Christmas Market visits, a Cricket themed break and a Canary Cruise at the time we were supposed to be onboard. I haven't changed my opinion of Ambassador as they haven't done anything with their stated desire to encourage my 'advocacy' or 'exceed my expectations'. Still waiting on that score.

I hope very much that you are all well and keeping your heads up and looking for your next holidays, which by now you all deserve.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GlynnPW said:

Hello Fellow Travellers ~ I have today (3rd Feb) received a refund of my out-of-packet expenses for, rail fares, hotel stay and excess insurance cover from Ambassador. I received no more or less than I requested for my costs. I haven't received an email notification from Ambassador regarding this. I simply checked my bank account and there it is. So I now feel I am back at zero - well, sort of. I am sure like me you all bought stuff only because you were going to be away for 38-days over Christmas and New Year.

Now I would Ambassador to address the matter of compensation for our holiday which Ambassador cancelled, despite there being nothing wrong with MS Ambition. The ship did after all operate Christmas Market visits, a Cricket themed break and a Canary Cruise at the time we were supposed to be onboard. I haven't changed my opinion of Ambassador as they haven't done anything with their stated desire to encourage my 'advocacy' or 'exceed my expectations'. Still waiting on that score.

I hope very much that you are all well and keeping your heads up and looking for your next holidays, which by now you all deserve.

Good news GlynnPW

I wonder whether the lack of notification was to stifle any response from you? I finally sent in out of pocket costs claim last week having, at their insistence, produced a letter/email from my insurers saying that  they didn't cover me for those. In my covering email to Ambassador Guest Services and to their chief executive I concluded:

I have yet to hear from you on your proposals for monetary compensation for your decision to switch ships and hence cancel our cruise for purely commercial reasons. I have already put forward a proposed figure. Given the grief I had from before Xmas until mid January just trying to get any sense out of your staff about any date for repayment of my holiday, I still expect a substantial sum and certainly of a value similar to the amounts you credited to those who chose to roll their fare forward to future cruises with yourselves.

You now have the opportunity to salvage some sort of reputation by 
a. Paying my and other similar cruisers' additional costs invoices promptly and  
b. Proposing a sensible compensation package to us all.

I recommend you take it.
  • Like 2

Anything bought specificlly for the cruise could have been included in the claim.

Eg. an extra suitcase for a long cruise that won't be needed on others.

They may reject, but don't ask don't get.

Yes we have several outfits for my husband and I which we bought especially for our holiday. We were so looking forward to it all and felt totally crushed.  We had purchased an extra suitcase which we have returned to M & S. We had booked a driver for the trip to Tilbury, he had booked hotel accommodation on that basis as he had another client to pick up from Heathrow the next day and lost his hotel booking  money. Additionally I received an earful from him about last minute notice even though I wasn’t to blame. Overall it’s been a nightmare. To cap it all our ship was ok and at sea with others,  it still grates. If anyone feels we have any hope of further compensation, please count me in. Frankly we chose the refund option because our trust and faith had been destroyed and the prospect of another last minute let down was just too much. 

• Like 1