Ambience taken out of service

peajay

Yes, we did this the very next day after the dreaded email informing cancellation Also spoke to them to confirm receipt of our option choice. Spent the next few days quite upset then also sent an email detailing our incidental losses which received an automated response. The latest has been an email from them offering 25% reduction on a future cruise in addition to the full refund. Apparently they wish to redeem our goodwill. 

5 minutes ago, Pasty feet said:

Yes probably. I didn’t delve into it as just want severance from this company after the mess.  A refund will be our preferred option. They can never put things right as far as we’re concerned. 

If you haven't told them, they will wait until 5th Jan 2024 and only then assume you do.

2 hours ago, Pasty feet said:

Since sailing was 11th December and today is the 20th, we can reasonably expect refunds by early January. At that point we will be booking something with another cruise line to make up for whole ghastly debacle. 

Ambassador cancelled the cruise on 7 December, therefore 14-days is up on 21 December (tomorrow if we don't need to deal in working days). 

2 hours ago, PurpleMoonlight said:

Is the 25% off the current advertised fare?

In his own words, CEO Christian Vernounig wrote: "We would like to offer you 25% off any future cruise of up to 14 nights booked prior to 31 March 2024 in addition to offering you a full refund for your cancelled West Indies Christmas cruise."  Bearing in mind other cruise lines are currently offering up to 33% off in their current 'sales', without being overly specific on durations offered.  Christian can think again!

4 minutes ago, GlynnPW said:

In his own words, CEO Christian Vernounig wrote: "We would like to offer you 25% off any future cruise of up to 14 nights booked prior to 31 March 2024 in addition to offering you a full refund for your cancelled West Indies Christmas cruise."  Bearing in mind other cruise lines are currently offering up to 33% off in their current 'sales', without being overly specific on durations offered.  Christian can think again!

They may be offering a further discount of 25% of 67% though. So basically half price.

It will likely tempt some.

4 minutes ago, Pasty feet said:

Yes and we can entertain ourselves by thinking of people boarding ‘our ship for the Canaries tomorrow.  It’s insufferable. A disgrace.  Will pursue Ambassador actively next week. Am still so angry.  

Yes I share your feelings completely. If we get a refund tomorrow I will be dumbstruck (believe me that is very rare 🙂). They haven't demonstrated in any way a satisfactory resolution for those of us who chose Option 6. And yes PurpleMoonLight, those of us who chose to accept a full refund have received a confirmation email (although the wording is generic to cover all options).

11 hours ago, PurpleMoonlight said:

Found this:

https://www.cruisehive.com/compensation-clarified-for-month-of-cancelled-cruises/117889

It indeed appears that compensation can only be used against a future cruise. No cash compensation offer.

Cruisehive had an earlier article where they noted that they hadn't had sight of the 'compensation' offer, therefore I updated them with a copy of the cancellation email we all received, which offered the 6-options. They pretty much are published 'the options' as per the email (omitting all the apology waffle).  So, I guess we can see where CruiseHive's interests lay.

Thank you for your offer of 25% of any publish fare for a future cruise, once you have refunded our cancelled cruise, restored our losses and paid real compensation as required by the package travel regulations we will review your cruise offerings if you have a ship fit to sail.

• Like 2

Hi to inside cabin and Pasty feet,  As this is my secund Christmas cruise cancellation I am asking Ambassador that I have a full refund for my Christmas Caribbean Cruise, on board credits owed and a 25% discount of any future cruise with them until 31st March 25.

Ambassador may well claim that this not acceptable or not on offer at the moment, I would argue that the only real difference between Option 5 and Option 6 is the retention of my money over the period until the next booking up to March 31st 2025, and I would rather that is was in my bank.
"Option Five: Transfer to any other Ambassador cruise

Transfer your booking to any other cruise departing up to 31st March 2025 and receive an additional 25% on top of your fare paid.  e.g.  £2,000 paid means £2,500 credit against another cruise.   

"Option Six: Cancellation with Full Refund 

If none of the attractive transfer options are suitable for you, you are welcome to cancel your cruise reservation and receive a full refund of the cruise ticket monies paid, including port parking, the Victoria coach service and pre-paid drink packages if applicable. "
I am waiting a reply as they rejected an earlier request to transfer to the Cuba and West Indies Jan 25 with an additional 25% discount off another cruise up to March 25.
You may well ask why bother with Ambassador, a previous Cruise in March this year to Iceland was a good experience, staff were excellent, food very good as was the entertainment. In general the ship - force 9 gale and 8 meter waves aside the holiday was enjoyable.

Hello and thanks for sharing your opinion with us. We were attracted to the West Indies cruise for several reasons:  the itinerary was great, the price was good and lastly we felt it might be like the old CMV Magellan which we loved. For us the big turn off is the huge disappointment and having such short notice on cancellation. It seems to be the case that the Ambience has a history of problems and this muddle is only the most recent one. Thus to have our ship taken at the last minute has been an impossible pill to swallow. Certainly we could book again, but our confidence has been destroyed and we definitely won’t risk a repetition of the upset of two weeks ago. In the New Year, once refunded and hopefully compensated,  we shall take our business elsewhere. I’m delighted that you had a great cruise and certain that all aspects were good. However, we are once bitten and remain determined that Ambassador will not be able to upset us again. 

• Like 2

Gracious.  I applied for ESTA last week when we were offered a cabin last minute on QM 2 to New York and Caribbean. We declined as found it stiff and starchy when did that trip in 2016.  This Ambassador trip really appealed as it looked like fun. Feeling bereft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pasty feet said:

Hello and thanks for sharing your opinion with us. We were attracted to the West Indies cruise for several reasons:  the itinerary was great, the price was good and lastly we felt it might be like the old CMV Magellan which we loved. For us the big turn off is the huge disappointment and having such short notice on cancellation. It seems to be the case that the Ambience has a history of problems and this muddle is only the most recent one. Thus to have our ship taken at the last minute has been an impossible pill to swallow. Certainly we could book again, but our confidence has been destroyed and we definitely won’t risk a repetition of the upset of two weeks ago. In the New Year, once refunded and hopefully compensated,  we shall take our business elsewhere. I’m delighted that you had a great cruise and certain that all aspects were good. However, we are once bitten and remain determined that Ambassador will not be able to upset us again. 

Ditto that