What do people actually wear on Vista European cruise - 2023-2024

question221

12 hours ago, rbtan said:

There's been enough times we saw a NO Jeans sign posted outside specialty rest. on the Riviera.Perhaps You need to read the code.

Could you produce a picture of this sign? And I do know the code and have posted it for you before. Here it is again, please notice the term no casual jeans. That would infer that non casual jeans(whatever that is) are allowed. 

"Recommended on board clothing is resort or country club casual. For evening dining, elegant casual resort wear is suggested. We request that casual jeans, shorts, t-shirts, baseball caps, sandals, or tennis shoes not be worn in the restaurants after 6 PM. Baseball caps may be worn in the Terrace Café after 6 PM. "

For additional dress code guidelines refer to the onboard Currents. 

In full disclosure I do not wear any jeans to the GDR or Specialty restaurants, but I've seen many people over the years wear nice jeans in Oceania's restaurant that look much better than other people's K Mart duds that are completely within the guidelines. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 7:50 PM, ORV said:

And this is where your opinion and Oceania's dress code run afoul. I think I'll go with the posted dress code and disregard what you think. READ THE DRESS CODE AND QUIT TRYING TO APPLY YOUR PERSONAL BIAS TO IT.

Others are allowed to have opinions other than yourself.

Edited by rbtan
additions
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, ORV said:

Could you produce a picture of this sign? And I do know the code and have posted it for you before. Here it is again, please notice the term no casual jeans. That would infer that non casual jeans(whatever that is) are allowed. 

"Recommended on board clothing is resort or country club casual. For evening dining, elegant casual resort wear is suggested. We request that casual jeans, shorts, t-shirts, baseball caps, sandals, or tennis shoes not be worn in the restaurants after 6 PM. Baseball caps may be worn in the Terrace Café after 6 PM. "

For additional dress code guidelines refer to the onboard Currents. 

In full disclosure I do not wear any jeans to the GDR or Specialty restaurants, but I've seen many people over the years wear nice jeans in Oceania's restaurant that look much better than other people's K Mart duds that are completely within the guidelines. 

This was in Riviera last Jan. outside Jacques. Sorry, I usually don't bring my phone along to dinner to take photos to prove to you I'm not lying.

13 hours ago, rbtan said:

There's been enough times we saw a NO Jeans sign posted outside specialty rest. on the Riviera.Perhaps You need to read the code.

We’ve cruised 15 times on all of the O ships and never seen signs about dress code at the entrance to any of the restaurants. The reminder in the Currents is usually enough for most people. It’s one of the pleasures to cruise on O that we don’t normally see the signs like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

This was in Riviera last Jan. outside Jacques. Sorry, I usually don't bring my phone along to dinner to take photos to prove to you I'm not lying.

Whereas I take pix of my FOOD 🙂

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2023 at 12:01 AM, question221 said:

wouldn't the same thing be true of "slacks"?   Or pantsuit?  Or sundress?  Are all sundresses okay?  All slacks?  How about loud plaid slacks?  How about purple or other bright colors?  Polyester or silk?  This can all be carried to extremes.  Best to live and let live.  As for the maitre de - don't they receive gratuities?  Seems to me that they would love to keep everyone happy and not cause conflict.

As for LCD - for me - LCD is more about behavior and being unpleasant or unfriendly.  Best to relax and live and let live.  It is a vacation after all.  Not a work convention.

The Maitre D are salaried & don't share in the gratuities You obviously can tip them if they did a service for you, such as got you into a rest. that was full.