Speaking of parka exchange...

markandjie

7 hours ago, hoya68 said:

Why don't you donate some of them for people who are homeless in the cold? No use taking up closet space.

I was wondering the same thing. Only need one; all others are donated.  Not like a badge of honor to horde so many knowing there are so many out there in need.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are three of us so we've gotten jackets 4 times... Of that the last two the jackets were identical. Kind of wish Seabourn would give the option to returning cruisers to forego the jacket in favor of OBC, but whatever.

We won't keep them forever... Sooner or later will donate them...

On 12/11/2023 at 9:16 AM, jjs217 said:

I've got a great idea.  Everyone who keeps telling the OP to donate their jackets should cancel their next luxury cruise and donate the cost of said cruise to the homeless.  That would be SO nice.

Who says we don’t do both? And quite a bit more to various charities.Given your suggestion, I would hope you do as well 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 1:08 PM, DubDublady said:

I totally agree with jjs217. It’s not for anyone to to dictate what or how to donate. I’m feeling guilty myself going on such an expensive cruise that costs more than many people make in a year.

Nothing to feel guilty about if you donate to charities and/or volunteer your time to organizations.It should not be either or - I hope that those of who can do both do both. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 7:56 AM, markandjie said:

There are three of us so we've gotten jackets 4 times... Of that the last two the jackets were identical. Kind of wish Seabourn would give the option to returning cruisers to forego the jacket in favor of OBC, but whatever.

We won't keep them forever... Sooner or later will donate them...

You’re so kind. 

12 hours ago, whirldcruzrs said:

Who says we don’t do both? And quite a bit more to various charities.Given your suggestion, I would hope you do as well 

I was addressing that comment to a particular poster whose posts have since been deleted.  You can venture a guess as to why.  I have been truly blessed with so much that yes, I am charitable.  And yet, it is probably still too little.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Slightly off topic, but the topic was due for a change.  We have a number of shoulder bags from previous cruises, mainly on HAL.  Can we expect one on our upcoming Sojourn WC portion, or should we bring one with us?

Ray

If you mean a tote bag then yes Seabourn supply a zippered tote bag on every cruise to everyone. The only times it hasn't happened on boarding is if delays in supplies to the ship which is rare. I have enough and prefer to be incognito ashore so I give mine back to the stewardess. They are good bags though.

38 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

If you mean a tote bag then yes Seabourn supply a zippered tote bag on every cruise to everyone. The only times it hasn't happened on boarding is if delays in supplies to the ship which is rare. I have enough and prefer to be incognito ashore so I give mine back to the stewardess. They are good bags though.

Thanks, just what I needed to know.  

Ray

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2023 at 3:10 PM, frantic36 said:

Nothing to do with anything but I like your profile photo. Westies? we have one our selves. Best dog in the world.

5 hours ago, KC Cruiser 54 said:

Nothing to do with anything but I like your profile photo. Westies? we have one our selves. Best dog in the world.

I do like Westies but these boys are Japanese Spitz puppies which look the same as American Eskimo dogs. Sadly they passed a couple of years ago but I missed them so much I now have another boy the same. Our sons take good care of him when we travel.

IMG_2646.thumb.jpeg.f35a43551d94bb14a8e70b97ef730690.jpeg

• Like 1