Carnival funpoints

EllieinNJ

I just received and used a new Carnival cc and now have the 20,000 fun points.  I have 2 cruises coming up and would like to convert them to $100 OBC on each.  Do I have to call Carnival or Barclay's or is it only for statement credit?

As far as I can tell, it is only a statement credit. I too have heard that it can be used as OBC but I haven't figured out how. Personally, I linked my S&S acct to that card and when I got off the boat I was charged $200(ish) which I then applied the Funpoints to. 

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

I just received and used a new Carnival cc and now have the 20,000 fun points.  I have 2 cruises coming up and would like to convert them to $100 OBC on each.  Do I have to call Carnival or Barclay's or is it only for statement credit?

I go online to my Barclay account and once you sign in it will show you how many fun points that you have above that there is a  line that reads Rewards and Benefits, if you click on that you can then can choose your OBC/Carnival gift card. I choose a gift card and when it comes in I apply to my cruise. When you get onboard there will be a card in you room showing that it has been applied or you can wait until on the ship and go to guest services and they will apply for you

The points to dollars amount is best when applying them towards paying for your Carnival cruise or onboard spending. 

as others have said - I wait until we return from cruise, where I have had everything from S&S card and the cruise itself, charged to the Carnival Barclay card...then apply all those points to pay for Carnival charges.  You will do this on the Barclay site. 

You can use them to pay for certain other charges on your statement, but return is best on Carnival line items.

• Thanks 1