Move-up worth it?

Not a username2

That’s a super personal decision. One nice thing about Concierge class is the embarkation lunch in the MDR, as well as being on a higher floor, but whether it’s worth it to you is something only you can decide.

For example, on our AK cruise last May, we won a Move Up bid from Oceanview to Concierge for $225 each, and it was 100% worth every penny considering we only paid $399 each for the Oceanview to begin with.  On the other hand, we very likely wont be putting in a move up bid (if available) for our upcoming NZ cruise since we’re in a sunset veranda on Edge and don’t want to give up our aft cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not a username2 said:

Currently have Ascent 6th level front of ship cabin booked. Move up offer for Concierge Class is min $120 pp and Aqua $170 pp. We’re not really keen on using the spa and the Blu menu doesn’t look overly appealing. Is it worth the cabin change on either upgrade? 

I assume you have a balcony cabin now? If you have an OV, then the move-up makes a compelling case. But from a balcony cabin, I see no advantage to move up to concierge or Aqua if you do not care for the spa or Blu menu. You would not even earn extra loyalty club points with a Move-up offer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SFCAcruiser said:

I assume you have a balcony cabin now? If you have an OV, then the move-up makes a compelling case. But from a balcony cabin, I see no advantage to move up to concierge or Aqua if you do not care for the spa or Blu menu. You would not even earn extra loyalty club points with a Move-up offer. 

Yes have an infinite verandah, are the CC cabins any different? I believe the washrooms are different in Aqua rooms?

2 hours ago, Mauidiver said:

as being on a higher floor, but whether it’s worth it to you is something only you can decide.

Is there much difference on being on a higher floor to lower? Previous on S&M class ships we’ve stayed higher floor, the only pain was elevators. Never stayed on a lower floor before.