Boarding soon couple questions

Funbobby68

Hey all going on our first oceanic cruise in a few weeks , couple questions .

First are there daily activities, trivia’s , and stuff like name that tune , ect ?

I got the drink package , but my wife did not , I read about a happy hour , can someone elaborate on this 

last question , I also read that we can take spirts on board , is this just on embarkation day 

Happy holidays

The happy hours are 5:00 - 6:00 in Martinis and Horizons and again 10:00 -11:00 in Horizons, but be sure to read the Currents for exact times and days. Yes you can bring on spirits for consumption in your cabin only, and wine for your cabin or pay the $25 corkage to enjoy at dinner.

50 minutes ago, Funbobby68 said:

First are there daily activities, trivia’s , and stuff like name that tune , ect ?

I got the drink package , but my wife did not , I read about a happy hour , can someone elaborate on this 

last question , I also read that we can take spirts on board , is this just on embarkation day 

Happy holidays

We just returned from a cruise on Riviera: there was a good trivia contest every afternoon, usually at 4:30, and entertainment trivia most evenings about 8:30. I really enjoyed the trivia, and ended up with an Oceania cap with points that I earned.

• Like 2

@Funbobby68

You will find guests do bring wine or alcohol aboard in their desired quantities. We travel with friends and we load their Wine suitcase (12 bottles) and then have some really good wines for those Specialty restaurant dinners. Our last cruise in October, we packed half the suitcase with Silver Trident Benevolent Dictator Pinot Noir. It is $125 on board but I got it at the winery for far less, even with the Corkage fee.  Whether you haul the wine with you or buy it in the various ports of call, you are free to bring it aboard. If you open it in your room, no Corkage but please follow their rules to drink it there or pay the fee.  This is a great “gift” from O so we definitely do not want to see them take this privilege away. If you have an unfinished bottle of wine, the Sommelier will put your name and room number on it and put it in their storage area and you can request it be brought to you in any restaurant. 

Yes there are the Happy Hours previously mentioned AND there are hours of Free drinks at the Captain’s Party and the GM/Club Ambassadors Party. If you are sailing under SM, you will have wine and beer at lunch and dinner included. You said you bought the drink package but not your wife.  Please reconfirm this because we had always been told that both parties had to purchase the package, NOT one. You do not want a surprise when you get aboard. 

Bottom line, Have a great cruise. 
Mauibabes

7 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

@Funbobby68

You will find guests do bring wine or alcohol aboard in their desired quantities. We travel with friends and we load their Wine suitcase (12 bottles) and then have some really good wines for those Specialty restaurant dinners. Our last cruise in October, we packed half the suitcase with Silver Trident Benevolent Dictator Pinot Noir. It is $125 on board but I got it at the winery for far less, even with the Corkage fee.  Whether you haul the wine with you or buy it in the various ports of call, you are free to bring it aboard. If you open it in your room, no Corkage but please follow their rules to drink it there or pay the fee.  This is a great “gift” from O so we definitely do not want to see them take this privilege away. If you have an unfinished bottle of wine, the Sommelier will put your name and room number on it and put it in their storage area and you can request it be brought to you in any restaurant. 

Yes there are the Happy Hours previously mentioned AND there are hours of Free drinks at the Captain’s Party and the GM/Club Ambassadors Party. If you are sailing under SM, you will have wine and beer at lunch and dinner included. You said you bought the drink package but not your wife.  Please reconfirm this because we had always been told that both parties had to purchase the package, NOT one. You do not want a surprise when you get aboard. 

Bottom line, Have a great cruise. 
Mauibabes

We’re on a special charter , they allowed me to purchase the package, so I suspect special concessions maybe 

👍

Those charter trips can be great and do have different rules. The Wine Club cruises we have seen on board come with some great perks too. Have fun on your first O cruise and let the Board know how your O experience relates to X. So many X refugees have joined the ranks of the Oceania family and “Enquiring minds” want to know if “clo” has joined the family. 🤪👍
Enjoy,
Mauibabes

3 hours ago, Funbobby68 said:

Happy holidays

You can see some sample schedules in the pdfs in these links:

• Thanks 1

I don’t think Oceania has ever required that both parties purchase the liquor package. The only exception that I know of is if you chose the drink package perk under O Life, both parties had to choose that perk. 
k🛳🎄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

I don’t think Oceania has ever required that both parties purchase the liquor package. The only exception that I know of is if you chose the drink package perk under O Life, both parties had to choose that perk. 
k🛳🎄

I want to emphasize this. O does not require that both pax buy the drink package (except w OLife as explained by GrammieK) - another great benefit of sailing with O!

OK, thanks Robin for the clarification. We have only cruised O before the advent of and under O Life so we were required to buy the package for both of us.  Glad there are options for those who want the packages. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1