Closest rental car to San Pedro

Al2863

I have the same question, I will be driving to Los Angeles from Vegas on Thursday night, picking up family from LAX airport on Friday so we will have Saturday to explore the town, then on Sunday I'd like to return the car to closest place near the cruise terminal then embark on Sunday.

What do other cruises recommend?  Just return the car on Saturday and take uber to terminal on Sunday? 

2 hours ago, Al2863 said:

Anyone know the closest rental car agency to San Pedro cruise terminal?

1 hour ago, starfish54 said:

I have the same question, I will be driving to Los Angeles from Vegas on Thursday night, picking up family from LAX airport on Friday so we will have Saturday to explore the town, then on Sunday I'd like to return the car to closest place near the cruise terminal then embark on Sunday.

What do other cruises recommend?  Just return the car on Saturday and take uber to terminal on Sunday? 

This question is asked and answered very often. If you just read a few lines down on this board you'll see this thread. 

Also an internet search using any search engine such as Google for "car rental agencies in San Pedro" would also provide the information.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

This question is asked and answered very often. If you just read a few lines down on this board you'll see this thread. 

Also an internet search using any search engine such as Google for "car rental agencies in San Pedro" would also provide the information.

Yes I know how to Google, I just thought someone could share their experience!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, starfish54 said:

There are two car rental outlets in SP, very near the port. An Enterprise outlet is physically in the Crowne Plaza hotel and a Hertz outlet is across the street from the hotel. It's important to check the operating times and dates on the agency's websites, as IIRC they are not open on certain days, particularly Sunday. We had no issues using the Hertz outlet a few years ago, also after driving down from Vegas.

• Thanks 2

On 12/18/2023 at 6:50 AM, lx200gps said:

There are two car rental outlets in SP, very near the port. An Enterprise outlet is physically in the Crowne Plaza hotel and a Hertz outlet is across the street from the hotel. It's important to check the operating times and dates on the agency's websites, as IIRC they are not open on certain days, particularly Sunday. We had no issues using the Hertz outlet a few years ago, also after driving down from Vegas.

Thank you but I wanted to remind everyone Hertz is closed on Sundays, unfortanately and they close very early on Saturdays. So back to square one. 😞

• Monday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Tuesday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Wednesday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Thursday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Friday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Saturday 09:00 am - 12:00 pm
  • Sunday Closed

9 hours ago, starfish54 said:

Thank you but I wanted to remind everyone Hertz is closed on Sundays, unfortanately and they close very early on Saturdays. So back to square one. 😞

• Monday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Tuesday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Wednesday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Thursday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Friday 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
  • Saturday 09:00 am - 12:00 pm
  • Sunday Closed

Just a thought, don't some car rental outlets allow for drop-offs outside of normal hours? I've always preferred to drop off a rental when the office was open, to get a fresh statement and ensure the car was accepted back as undamaged, but if the Hertz or Enterprise offices allow drop-offs on weekends, that might be an option.

As an alternative, you might want to consider looking at nearby Long Beach. A short ride over the bridge to San Pedro, LB is bound to have more rental car outlets, probably with better hours, than San Pedro

• Like 1