Aqua cars Portsmouth

Tak8

10 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

Has anyone used Aqua cars out of Portsmouth? I'm thinking of using them for Heathrow pick up to get to port for NCL cruise.

Not personally - but they're a well-established & reputable operator, they don't charge rip-off prices, and I've seen recommendations on CC from folk who've used them.

NCL sail out of Southampton and they're Portsmouth-based but the two cities are only about 20 miles apart & they have drivers who live in the Southampton area. 

JB 🙂

3 hours ago, Tak8 said:

Thanks JB.  I think I'm taking the only sailing out of Portsmouth from NCL next year.  

One of their smaller ships, then.

So ...................... a bit of poaching by Portsmouth 😏

There's enough football rivalry between Southampton & Portsmouth without NCL getting involved 😄

If you get a day in Portsmouth the city is worth that - and more.

And it's an interesting sail-away from Portsmouth cruise / international ferry terminal - past Nelson's HMS Victory & whatever RN ships are in port. And Warrior, the Royal Navy's first iron-clad & steam-assisted warship - often wrongly called HMS Warrior. Wrong, because she was de-commissioned in 1883 whereas HMS Victory is still a commissioned RN ship.

Past the Spinnaker Tower  and thro the narrow harbour entrance past fortifications.

Out in the Solent you'll pass close to two of the mid-Solent Forts - part of a ring of forts surrounding Portsmouth to protect it from our quarrelsome neighbours on the other side of the English Channel.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=118-OC8gSr-CfOgtq6p20mJi8L00&hl=en&ll=50.7807320020884%2C-1.0860707013542914&z=13

JB 🙂 

JB, good to see you are still providing top notch information. Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year to you and Mrs JB.

For the OP, took Aquacars from Southampton Docks to a Heathrow hotel in early September. Good service. Price was £140. Two passengers-2 suitcases. One caveat - if leaving a ship, arrange the spot for pickup. Cheers…