port Miami to Brightline station

Tin

I'm pretty sure there are taxis, but I don't know the rates. You'd have to search on Internet.

I'm doing Brightline in January, and I bought the more expensive tickets, which include an Uber connection between station and port. Not sure if you're interested in that. Just doing your own Uber, might be better, but you'd have to check the numbers.

Also, I understand there's a trolley that stops at the Port, but it doesn't go directly to the Brightline station. I had checked into it and decided it was too round-about.  My guess is that Uber might be the best choice, but others might know more.

I'm doing Brightline in January, and I bought the more expensive tickets, which include an Uber connection between station and port. Not sure if you're interested in that. Just doing your own Uber, might be better, but you'd have to check the numbers.

yep ... some serious number crunching is required here. With the 'premium' ticket your port to station leg is covered no matter how many UBER are required (and I believe I saw they run a mini-bus now); AND I believe the + ticket has some checked bags included .... Versus 2 adults and two kids <how big are we talkin?> and bags per UBER which may not fit!! requiring uber+ or 3 cars ..... You could be looking at two 'mini-van' taxi or two UBER+ ..... versus a BL+ ride with included drinks!  {p.s. BL killed another one today so factor in extra time for possible police investigations ... they are maintaining their position as the most deadly rail road per mile of track}

Edited by Capt_BJ

On 12/21/2023 at 11:47 PM, hrhdhd said:

This article makes clear that the man who died yesterday ignored the warning lights and barriers. Hardly Brightline's fault.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/local/westpb/2023/12/20/gary-millar-killed-by-brightline-train-after-trying-to-cross-tracks-west-palm-police-say/71984770007/

Sadly some drivers and pedestrians are inattentive or risk takers.  In other cases, some are intentional in an effort to commit suicide.  As a resident of Broward county, I don't think anyone is claiming that Brightline is intentionally causing accidents but the train runs through some of the most densely populated areas of Florida (Maimi-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties).  I know recommendations for strengthening crossing gates, slowing train speeds at crossings, or even fencing in all the tracks have been made but it seems an uphill battle against human nature.

All that said, it is an unfortunate fact that accidents occur, disrupting schedules sometimes by hours, with great frequency.

Even with four crossing gates, people still do ill-advised things on the tracks.

There was a collision in Stuart as a vehicle pulled onto the tracks, and paused for congestion ahead. The gates came down behind them, then in front of them.  The occupants bailed out, the car was destroyed by the 35 mph train. Trains slow down for the Stuart bridge in town.

All BrightLine trains are equipped with forward looking cameras to document the situation prior to any trespasser etc encounter. To my knowledge, they've had every lawsuit thrown out.