No show reservations available pre-cruise

cruiser2015

8 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I can let you know in a week when we board the Bliss. I have been told deck 6 The Social for shows and Teppanyaki for dining. We shall see. 

2 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Cool.

Thanks.

Enjoy!

Last month, it was indeed Teppanyaki for dining and directly across the Social for entertainment.  Have an amazing cruise…we thoroughly enjoyed ours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2023 at 6:02 PM, HBCcruiser said:

I can let you know in a week when we board the Bliss. I have been told deck 6 The Social for shows and Teppanyaki for dining. We shall see. 

Wait...just hold up a second! Does this mean....you're. Umm, you're sailing non-Haven? *GASP* Will you be letting us know how the experience is? If you can enjoy a cruise not in the Haven, maybe I can (doubtful).

But, to stay on topic, the best way to make reservations is to book Haven and fill out the reservation slip the concierge provides upon boarding. (I know this doesn't apply to most cruisers, but is definitely the most optimal solution). 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Wait...just hold up a second! Does this mean....you're. Umm, you're sailing non-Haven? *GASP* Will you be letting us know how the experience is? If you can enjoy a cruise not in the Haven, maybe I can (doubtful).

But, to stay on topic, the best way to make reservations is to book Haven and fill out the reservation slip the concierge provides upon boarding. (I know this doesn't apply to most cruisers, but is definitely the most optimal solution). 

YES! 😱😱 We are trying out @Sthrngary’s Haven Light strategy. This will be my first time on NCL without being in the Haven. I’m a little panicked RN. I guess I can always just drink to calm my nerves. 😂 I’ll start my Live in a few days. There are 16 of us so should be a wild “herding cats” experience! 😂😂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

guess I can always just drink to calm my nerves

YES, and may I suggest carrying onboard a couple bottles of good champagne (even if you have +)…and remember your bottle stopper.   Don’t forget to bring your own M&Ms, gummy bears and mixed nuts😂.   While we’ve never sailed Haven, we find CBS comfortable.  We also tip (bribe) our steward daily.  IMO in steerage the daily recognition really helps deliver on @Sthrngary Haven lite.  Looking forward to your review…have an amazing time “herding cats (or is that 🐀)”. 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, laudergayle said:

YES, and may I suggest carrying onboard a couple bottles of good champagne (even if you have +)…and remember your bottle stopper

Oh believe me, we plan on it! I have a few bottles of “Nic” aka Nicolas Feuillatte to share and some good reds (Silver Oak and Caymus) not to share. LOL. Yes, a good champagne bottle stopper and the stoppers with the pump for the reds. Good reminder. Thx! We have the premium bev package so we should be good to go. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

YES! 😱😱 We are trying out @Sthrngary’s Haven Light strategy. This will be my first time on NCL without being in the Haven. I’m a little panicked RN. I guess I can always just drink to calm my nerves. 😂 I’ll start my Live in a few days. There are 16 of us so should be a wild “herding cats” experience! 😂😂 

Oh, I'm going to be sitting here nervously awaiting your experience!! Glad to hear you'll be properly hydrated. That was a great suggestion @laudergayle. Wish I could carry on my Saratoga water...wonder if they'd think it wine?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

YES, and may I suggest carrying onboard a couple bottles of good champagne (even if you have +)…and remember your bottle stopper.   Don’t forget to bring your own M&Ms, gummy bears and mixed nuts😂.   While we’ve never sailed Haven, we find CBS comfortable.  We also tip (bribe) our steward daily.  IMO in steerage the daily recognition really helps deliver on @Sthrngary Haven lite.  Looking forward to your review…have an amazing time “herding cats (or is that 🐀)”. 😊

@laudergayle Thank you for the shout out.  Funny story were the Haven Lite came from.  I had just gotten off the NCL Joy with entire family for my Wedding Anniversary belated.  That cruise was after four cancelations due to covid.  We had the H2 Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony for that family trip.  I was browsing the NCL site when I found the SAME itinerary, in a Club Suite for a single fare for a solo.  I had never taken a solo cruise before and thought it would be a good experience.  I would do the Hangout Music Festival and Bonnaroo solo all the time.  So why not a cruise. 

The Club Suite total fare was $810.00.  I attempted to gain an upgrade bid for the Haven but a ship the week we were sailing got cancelled due to damage.  So all the Haven Guest from that ship, took up all the Haven Suites.  So time to do Haven Lite and it was great.  1) Vibe Beach Club; 2) Extra Specialty restaurants; 3) Premium Plus Beverage Package.  So Haven Lite for me happened by accident.  I loved it but did not like cruising alone.  So the next cruise was for my wife who won the Slot Tournament on the Joy earlier.  We did Haven Lite and she said, I will never go on a NCL cruise again without the Vibe Beach Club.  Bingo.

Hope that all made sense.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

We did Haven Lite and she said, I will never go on a NCL cruise again without the Vibe Beach Club.  Bingo.

Love the genesis of Haven Lite.  Unfortunately I’ve never yelled “BINGO”!!  In fact, NCL Bingo has gotten so expensive ($49 for one ticket strip/3 games) that I told my Hubby that I’d rather put it in the slots where the odds of us winning something was much greater.  

Edited by laudergayle
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Yes, yes I too am NOT sailing in the Haven.

Way down below, close to the ship's engines.

The hum and vibrations are so relaxing.

I heard a rumor that if I help them shovel some coal for a couple of hours, that I'll get some free (at sea) cookies and fruit. Yum!

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Do I smell a pattern?

“Sense” not “smell”.   Which is different than “scent”.  Scent/Smell are more closely related. One might say “scent” is pleasant while “smell” is not.

Oh well (another word which can have a “smell”).  Well, this might be a little deep for many.  Like if you can follow my craziness 😊

@ChiefMateJRK@cruiseny4life

Edited by laudergayle
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, laudergayle said:

“Sense” not “smell”.   Which is different than “scent”.  Scent/Smell are more closely related. One might say “scent” is pleasant while “smell” is not.

Oh well (another word which can have a “smell”).  Well, this might be a little deep for many.  Like if you can follow my craziness 😊

That was pretty much a figure of speech.

But, I'll say you make a technically correct (language) point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

That was pretty much a figure of speech.

But, I'll say you make a technically correct (language) point.

I do recall the saying, “I smell a rat.”

Lol…thank you for appreciating my late night, down the rabbit hole, non”sense”. 🤓

Edited by laudergayle

12 hours ago, laudergayle said:

And now the only thing I can smell is that musty soil of a hole I fell down a long time ago. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I do recall the saying, “I smell a rat.”

Lol…thank you for appreciating my late night, down the rabbit hole, non”sense”. 🤓

Several of us prefer the "down the rat hole" version.  So close, yet so far......

You may need some coaching/guidance from my very good friend @HBCcruiser

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Several of us prefer the "down the rat hole" version.  So close, yet so far......

You may need some coaching/guidance from my very good friend @HBCcruiser

Well, looks like @HBCcruiser will be getting some extra playtime soon while herding cats…er, rats on the Bliss.  

Wax on, wax off.  Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Well, looks like @HBCcruiser will be getting some extra playtime soon while herding cats…er, rats on the Bliss.  

Wax on, wax off.  Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off.  

Well actually the playtime party already started. We are in Vegas enjoying some family fun time before driving back to LA tomorrow. Then the REAL fun begins on Friday when everyone begins to scurry into town. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1