Will our cruise be cancelled- Sky - Nov 2, 2025- Canary Island?

phabric

Someone on our Roll Call for Sky - Nov 2, 2025 - Canary Island - 12 days, posted this today on the Roll Call.  The travel company Imagine Cruising is a British company.

Princess now shows Sold Out for the Nov 2, 2025 sailing.  
Before, you could also book on the Sky a 28 day staring Nov 2 (12 day + 16 days transatlantic), now the 28 day cruise is not listed.

If the sailing is sold out to this travel company, when will Princess let us know?

IMG_1397.png

I called Princess today on another issue.

I asked about my Nov 2, 2025, 12 day Canary Island on the Sky which is 674 days out.  Today, the Nov 2, 2025 is no longer listed under Plan A Cruise and the Nov 2, 2025 - 28 day shows Sold Out.  He said the Sky is going into maintenance and will be selling again after.

Why would they not still list it to sell the cabins?

I am wondering if the cruise will even sail?  I would like to switch to another cruise if not sailing.

29 minutes ago, phabric said:

I asked about my Nov 2, 2025, 12 day Canary Island on the Sky which is 674 days out.  Today, the Nov 2, 2025 is no longer listed under Plan A Cruise and the Nov 2, 2025 - 28 day shows Sold Out.  He said the Sky is going into maintenance and will be selling again after.

I am wondering if the cruise will even sail?  I would like to switch to another cruise if not sailing.

Isn’t this the one that an TA in the UK is controlling all the cabins?  
Like a charter cruise.

You may be notified by PCL, IDK.

Since it’s so far out, they may release unsold seats after FP, or they may just hold them at the TA, if they have bought them all.

Who knows?  I am with you, I’d look at another cruise too.

Maintenance?  It was in drydock this May, I believe.  They shouldn’t make things up. SMH

It looks like this cruise is being sold solely by a UK TA. We had an email from Princess not long before Christmas informing us our May 3rd 2025 Sky Princess cruise is now only being sold by this particular TA. Our booking stays the same and I’ve looked at it on cruise personaliser to check excursions etc and I can still access everything there regarding the booking. On the TA website they are listing three extra entertainment things, from memory: Anton du Beke and a female Strictly dancer, Tony Hadley and Brian Connelly(?). The email said these ‘enhanced entertainment’ shows would be ticketed but would be offered to us on a complimentary basis’. It also said the usual Princess productions would be available as well.

I can’t really see how any of this benefits Princess as being a Med cruise I would have thought it would book up fairly well or why Princess seems to be going down this route with a few cruises out of Southampton but others may have a better understanding than me. 

23 minutes ago, MissBennet said:

It looks like this cruise is being sold solely by a UK TA. We had an email from Princess not long before Christmas informing us our May 3rd 2025 Sky Princess cruise is now only being sold by this particular TA. Our booking stays the same and I’ve looked at it on cruise personaliser to check excursions etc and I can still access everything there regarding the booking. On the TA website they are listing three extra entertainment things, from memory: Anton du Beke and a female Strictly dancer, Tony Hadley and Brian Connelly(?). The email said these ‘enhanced entertainment’ shows would be ticketed but would be offered to us on a complimentary basis’. It also said the usual Princess productions would be available as well.

I can’t really see how any of this benefits Princess as being a Med cruise I would have thought it would book up fairly well or why Princess seems to be going down this route with a few cruises out of Southampton but others may have a better understanding than me. 

I am wondering if Princess will eventually say they are totally canceling my cruise through Princess with the British TA booking the whole ship.

Edited by phabric

We’re keeping it. I don’t mind watching Tony Hadley and revisiting my late teens/ early 20s and Anton du Beke seems entertaining. It’s also going to ports I want to see at a slightly cooler time of year than the scorching July/August temperatures we’ve had to travel in when I was still working and we’d rather go from Southampton than do a fly cruise.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

The Sky Princess successfully completed a routine drydock at the Damen Verolme in Rotterdam earlier this month. According to the Dutch shipyard, the Princess Cruises vessel spent a total of 16 days in the facility undergoing regular maintenance, in addition to technical upgrades.May 23, 2023