Sky Princess, Dec 23, drink of the day and random thoughts.

J13C85

Today is my Birthday and we spent it at rainy, humid Amber Cove. That's  the tropics for you, not overly hot but the humidity was exhausting.

Our drink of the day was the "Count Monte Chocso" at Princess Live Bar. Basically it was hot chocolate with Bailey's and Kahlua (sp). I absolutely LOVED this. Just tastes like a regular hot chocolate. DW had the Tiramisu Martini at Sabatini's (my birthday dinner). I had the lobster tortellini, DW had some sort of pesto pasta and I had the lasagna as my main. I really like their lasagna. Overall a wonderful birthday dinner.

Lazy day on the ship. Definitely got rain soaked at the pool. In the Concierge Lounge they sang happy birthday to me. DW made the day even more special. Steward made a birthday cake out of towels.

20240101_194111.jpg

20240101_172317.jpg

20240101_111712.jpg

20240101_111654.jpg

20240101_204349.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 6:33 PM, J13C85 said:

As for the Tokyo Tea, think Long Island without the tea flavor. All I tasted were the spirits.

Long Island iced tea is just alcohol mixed with more alcohol. 🙂

"The Long Island iced tea, or Long Island ice tea, is a cocktail, typically made with vodka, tequila, light rum, triple sec, gin, and a splash of cola. Despite its name, the cocktail does not typically contain iced tea, but is named for having the same amber hue as iced tea."

Tokyo Iced Tea is 2/3 alcohol and 1/3 not. 🙂

So, yes, by definition, the alcohol is all you'd taste. I hate those drinks... Not a drinker here at all.

12 hours ago, J13C85 said:

Today is my Birthday

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.jpeg.3cfd70d7eec8c08c03e039817d23f655.jpeg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Just now, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Long Island iced tea is just alcohol mixed with more alcohol. 🙂

"The Long Island iced tea, or Long Island ice tea, is a cocktail, typically made with vodka, tequila, light rum, triple sec, gin, and a splash of cola. Despite its name, the cocktail does not typically contain iced tea, but is named for having the same amber hue as iced tea."

Tokyo Iced Tea is 2/3 alcohol and 1/3 not. 🙂

So, yes, by definition, the alcohol is all you'd taste. I hate those drinks... Not a drinker here at all.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.jpeg.3cfd70d7eec8c08c03e039817d23f655.jpeg

@Itchy&Scratchy thank you for the birthday wishes. My sister is a bartender and she said a good Tokyo Iced Tea will taste sweet and the spirits seem hidden. She says the key to a good Long Island is the mix of all the liquors and the coke. She says when done right, it tastes like a strong iced teaand when done wrong.....

• Like 1

Today was our last port day, Grand Turks. DW and I never visited this port and we really liked it. The beach is literally next to the port. Within 5 minutes of stepping off the ship we were in the sand taking pics. This port has great energy. To us, this was one of our all time favorite ports.

For today's drink of the day I tried the Egyptian Zombie. It was a little sweet but I really liked it. DW had the Monte Chocso and it was just what the doctor ordered.

Princess did something extra special for my birthday. I've been asked to keep it confidential and I am honoring that. All I will say is Princess is the best and Igor and Georgia from the Concierge Lounge went way over and above.

20240103_182148.jpg

20240103_172617.jpg

20240103_172300(0).jpg

20240103_172049.jpg

20240103_171602.jpg

20240103_111748.jpg

20240103_100914.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Today was a quiet sea day. First, huge thanks go to Igor and Georgia from the Suite Concierge Lounge for the magnificent birthday gift. Out of respect I can't go into details, just to say it was one of the better experiences I've ever had on a ship.

No new drink today. My last drink on this cruise was my favorite cocktail (has been since I first had one last year) the Dirty Banana and enjoyed it in one of my favorite spots, Vines Wine Bar on Deck 5. Love this spot.

This exercise was fun and worthwhile. Before this cruise, DW's favorite Princess Cocktail was the Milky Way Martini and while she still likes that, several of the ones we tried surpassed that one. Her favorites were:

4- 24K Margarita

3- Tiramisu Martini

2- Cranberry Margarita

1- And her new favorite Dunes

As for me, there were 2 I tried that I really liked. First, there was the Caribbean Iced Tea. I absolutely loved this because it just tasted like a big glass of pineapple juice. One night I had three of them (only once, lol) and they knocked me on my butt.

The second one was the off menu Pina Colada substituting a Peach spirit for the rum. This was great for a super hot day. My sister (the bartender I previously mentioned) has made this in the bar where she works and it has been a big hit. She has also tried replacing the peach spirit with a raspberry one and it's also been big for her.

This was fun for me and I appreciate all who followed along. Pics today were from the balcony.

BTW @triple7tahoe according to Georgia in Suite Concierge Lounge. Appx 3600 people next week. She said the Christmas and New Year's Cruises are the two busiest of the year. Happy Sailing and please have a Dirty Banana for me, lol.

20240104_160923.jpg

20240104_160922.jpg

20240104_160835.jpg

20240104_160807.jpg

20240104_194719.jpg

Edited by J13C85
Fix pic
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Any posssibility of posting some of the drink menus?  We have Plus pkg for a future cruise and really dont know what drinks it will cover and thinking about upgrading to Premium.  Pics of the drink menues would be wonderful , IF you can

Too late on the drink menus as we are off ship in humid Fort Lauderdale 😀 (there is an art festival on Los Olas today, very nice experience while we wait for our flight) I can tell you that the majority of the drinks are covered by the plus package. That said, we are happy we upgraded. Here is our logic on that. Plus is $60 per person per day and Premium is $80. For 2 people on a 7 day cruise that cost is $280. The extras we used were:

2 Specialy Dining Meals (Value appx $160, $40 pp per meal).

Unlimited digital photos (we took appx 57 per week),

Waive of the $15 pp Ocean now set up for on ship deliveries (we used this a lot)

Waive of the $5 room service charge (again we used this)

Reserved searing in Princess theater for production shows (we used this for all three).

Truly, the best part of having Premier was we didn't spend time worrying if the little things were covered, they just were. For a 14D cruise, I ended with a bill under $300 and I bought jewelry (earrings from DW from Effy) and way too expensive cologne for me.

We've booked Premier on our next 2 cruises.

5 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Any posssibility of posting some of the drink menus?  We have Plus pkg for a future cruise and really dont know what drinks it will cover and thinking about upgrading to Premium.  Pics of the drink menues would be wonderful , IF you can

Pretty much most drinks will be covered under Plus. Unless you want better whiskey, wine or real Champagne, practically every other mixed, frozen, martini drink is covered under plus being priced at under or $15. Also try to think how many times you will order a drink over $15 as you can just pay the difference and the service charge.

If the Premier extras work as you would be doing 2 SD anyway, and more than 2 casual dining, then the math is a little tougher.