Emerald Princess - 23 Dec -Panama Canal full transit

mrell345

Boarded at 11:00 this morning, everyone on arrival, regardless of Captains circle status is funnelled into the same security line with the exception of handicapped.  After security we went up escalator where blue and green separated.  After green document verification platinum and elite went straight onto ship while everyone else got a group number and had to wait to be called as there were still a large number of people.  We are platinum so went right on.  About 30 mins for us from shuttle to ship.  Rooms were available at 1PM.

• Like 5

First sunrise at sea.  

We went for breakfast in the horizon court buffet this morning.  There are no toasters for the passengers to use I had to give my bagel to a cook to have it toasted in the back.  It looks like the large coffee pots are brewed though I can’t confirm this yet.

IMG_0511.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

I was looking at my folio on the app (it is not available on our stateroom tv) I could see nothing from yesterday’s drink purchases.  When I asked about this at guest services I was told that as we have a package, only things above and beyond our limits or purchases not covered will show on it.

• Thanks 2

Ok, whoever had the brain fart to install the motion activated lights under the bedside tables and outside the bathroom should rethink the idea.  Not fun at 2 AM when you need to use the bathroom and those bright white lights come on.  Bring a small roll of painters masking tape with you to cover the sensors at night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrell345 said:

Ok, whoever had the brain fart to install the motion activated lights under the bedside tables and outside the bathroom should rethink the idea.  Not fun at 2 AM when you need to use the bathroom and those bright white lights come on.  Bring a small roll of painters masking tape with you to cover the sensors at night.

Yes, we encountered this "new convenient" light nuisance on the Sky this last June. Good grief! DH covered the sensor in the hall by the bathroom with some paper and it worked well. I placed a throw pillow in front of mine on the base of the nightstand. Our NOT so user friendly steward removed the one in the hall. So we just began placing it at night and then removing it in the morning. He was the least favorite steward we have ever experienced. He may have been new; very slow and inefficient.

If I need a light in the middle of the night, I will use the one on my phone; thank you very much.

Thanks for posting! we are following along as we take our 9 year old grandaughter on the Emerald  next June from Port everglades to Quebec City ....one of our favorite cities in the world!

Have a safe journey!