Question about P&O fees

fishtaco

So how do I get out of paying CC fees for final payment? Seems P&O have no direct debit options. 

This also means If I added OBC or pay for shore tours before the cruise I would have to pay fees!

At present I have AMEX which P&O charges 2.75%

I just cant believe I cannot pay final payment through my Bank Acc

I am too financial established  to have a "Debit" card! lol What a total Crock! I can pay via bank deposit but that option is not on the table? So to get out of fees I must open a "Debit Card"? What has the world come too? P&O will accept gift card VISA but not Direct deposit? LMFAO!

Con of  the century!

Debit credit cards are there for those who cannot manage a CC acc!

Are you telling me you don’t have a card tied to your bank account, so that you can withdraw or deposit money? If you do, guess what, you have a debit card.

What a ridiculous statement and generalisation. Having a debit card isn’t indicative in any way of someone’s ability to hold and maintain a credit card account. 

Edited by ivanp91
  • Like 1

Just a reminder, if you do pay with a credit card you can probably get free travel insurance from your bank, so that just might go towards making you feel better about paying credit card fees. And FYI, I have both debit and credit cards and manage my finances quite well, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 3:43 PM, ivanp91 said:

Are you telling me you don’t have a card tied to your bank account, so that you can withdraw or deposit money? If you do, guess what, you have a debit card.

What a ridiculous statement and generalisation. Having a debit card isn’t indicative in any way of someone’s ability to hold and maintain a credit card account. 

My ANZ card is not a "Debit Card" according to the bank helpline and I  have to open a separate Debit Card acc! Maybe They were wrong? Maybe I am too old to understand but Debit cards were credit cards that you had to put your own money on to use as a credit card thus my statement  "Rassberry"!

On 12/31/2023 at 6:14 AM, ceeceeDee said:

Just a reminder, if you do pay with a credit card you can probably get free travel insurance from your bank, so that just might go towards making you feel better about paying credit card fees. And FYI, I have both debit and credit cards and manage my finances quite well, thank you.

Must be my mistake as I presumed a debit card was like a credit card with no credit! Well it used to be many moons ago! I will check my AMEX for TI Thanks. 

So follow up! Spent almost an hour on ANZ call line, My ANZ Access Card "Cannot" be used for direct  "Online" payments, I need a separate "Debit Card" account, It can be used for Direct Debits and it can be used for EFPOS but not online payments so I blow a Raspberry again at Ya because people shouldn't presume what works for them must be set in stone for everyone! lol  

19 minutes ago, fishtaco said:

So follow up! Spent almost an hour on ANZ call line, My ANZ Access Card "Cannot" be used for direct  "Online" payments, I need a separate "Debit Card" account, It can be used for Direct Debits and it can be used for EFPOS but not online payments so I blow a Raspberry again at Ya because people shouldn't presume what works for them must be set in stone for everyone! lol  

On 1/12/2024 at 8:31 PM, fishtaco said:

Had a few trial runs and indeed the bank was correct I cannot use my ANZ Debit Card for online payments or overseas payments. I couldn't pay for shore tours or extras or Indonesian VOA all declined.

ANZ has told me I need a separate Debit Card Acc even though my Access card says Debit Card.

We have enough Acc,s already to be dealing with another one.

On 1/12/2024 at 10:12 PM, fishtaco said:

Eftpos Electronic Funds Statement Point Of Sale

15 hours ago, valantine80 said:

Think that is Electronic Funds Transfer  at Point Of Sale.

Oops, you are of course correct.  I will now take myself to the naughty corner and remind myself of the value of proofreading before clicking the post button

3 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Oops, you are of course correct.  I will now take myself to the naughty corner and remind myself of the value of proofreading before clicking the post button

Don't we all need to do that at times.

• Haha 1