Are These My Cruise Documents?

funforsun

I can't believe what came in the overnight mail....my Cruise Docs for my first HAL cruise!

What a nice little package it is too! Simulated leather wallet with velcro fastening and a nicely organized interior. I can even use this for other travel that I do for business.

Not expected and a very nice touch. I could get used to this type of treatment.

Ah yes....there's nothing like the feel and smell of the HAL pleather folder! :) One of the truly special things in life......and I only have to wait 330 days, plus or minus, for my next one. Congrats! Do the document dance! :D

Ah yes....there's nothing like the feel and smell of the HAL pleather folder! :) One of the truly special things in life......and I only have to wait 330 days, plus or minus, for my next one. Congrats! Do the document dance! :D

Yikes! Mine smell so strongly of chemicals and vinyl that I have had to put them in the garage! Hope I don't forget them....

Ahh. I know what you mean pharmaguy. I remember receiving my wallet last fall before my Oosterdam cruise. Sure its not real leather but its a nice little case that gave me the feeling I was about to embark on something special. A big change from airline travel where an e-ticket means nothing but transportation.

Dance to your heart's content!

I agree with kwarner -- the newest round of pleather wallets really stink. After many months the chemical odor does dissipate, but it is dissapointing as the wallet itself works so well to hold the contents.

I wonder if HAL ordered them with the odor or if the odor was just an extra added bonus that came with some sort of "we can really save you money of these wallets" promotion? Either way I will not let it spoil my ******* but I do wish someone up there would order new one that are odorfree!

I agree with kwarner -- the newest round of pleather wallets really stink. After many months the chemical odor does dissipate, but it is dissapointing as the wallet itself works so well to hold the contents.

I wonder if HAL ordered them with the odor or if the odor was just an extra added bonus that came with some sort of "we can really save you money of these wallets" promotion? Either way I will not let it spoil my ******* but I do wish someone up there would order new one that are odorfree!

Mine don't have that smell at all....and I really do like these docs compared to Princess or RCCL.

There have recently been changes in which plasticizers (chemicals that make ploymer items more flexible) can be used in what type of items. The plasticizers in the polymers is what makes "new car smell" as well as the odor of the PVC HAL doc holders. The plasticizer in the PVC was likely changed to conform to new regulations, and the new plasticizer smells different than the old one.

I still have my old doc wallets so if it's really bad I'll just transfer my new docs to the old wallet!

Archived