Livorno port to Pisa airport - flight time

TouchstoneFeste

Yes, it's the traditional "can I make my flight?" posting, this time from the port at Livorno to Pisa International (PSA). We'll be disembarking a small ship about 8am (per the cruise company) on a September Sunday and want to catch a 10:30am flight. I know the drive time to the airport is around 1/2 hour. So ....

1) Is this remotely feasible?

2) Are there reliable car services available? Would a taxi work? (The cruise line offers free transport, but we don't know when it would depart.)

3) How manageable is PSA? If we get to the airport before 9am, do we have a chance of making it through the pre-boarding ritual in time?

We can change to a different flight, but it would involve considerable inconvenience. Anyone with experience, your response is welcome.

I've only flown out of Pisa twice, so my experience is pretty limited.  It's not a huge airport, but bigger than Florence, for example.  Once at the airport it's not a long hike to check in, security or the gates.

If you are in fact allowed off at 8 and have a car service waiting, a 10:30 flight should not be an issue.  Tight, but not so tight that I wouldn't chance it, but do so knowing that if the ship is at all late letting you off, you'll be at risk.

I think it is very feasible but would strongly suggest arranging private transportation.  Relying on a local taxi, early on a Sunday morning, is the loose link of the plan.  Sunday traffic between the port and Pisa should be a non-issue.  

Hank

For anyone else facing this dilemma: I find that Pisa's airport has a Fast Track to security (not less security, just "jump to the front of the line") for €12. Here's the reply I received from the airport operator, Toscana Aeroporti:

"The possibility to book the priority lane online in advance is not currently provided, but you will certainly be able to purchase it once you arrive at the airport, at the customer service on the Arrivals side of the Pisa Airport (the desk it is a few meters from the departures area)."

(It appears that many airports now have this feature, so it's probably always worth checking.)