7 Mile Beach/ Brews

spankym13

Hello,

We will be in Grand Cayman in Feb. 2024 for our first time. We love to just chill at the beach and try local brews. Is there a specific place on 7 mile once we get dropped off by the shuttle/taxi were we can find local brews to drink once we get some chairs lined up? 4 ships in part that day so it will be busy!! 

• Like 1

Good question!  Been to Grand Cayman many times but always did something else besides going to the beautiful 7 mile beach! 

Who's been and where on 7 mile beach to you hunker down? Did they rent chairs and umbrellas etc? Thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

• Like 1

Most bars and restaurants will at least carry some of the various CayBrew options.

If you want a beach bar where you can rent chairs and such, with facilities like restrooms and showers, your option is Coral Beach.  https://coralbeach.ky

There are lots of bars and restaurants with ocean views and outdoor spaces, just depends what you are looking for.  Some time spent looking at the options here may help, you can filter by area and cuisine.  The port is right in downtown George Town, so anything along the water either in the George Town or Seven Mile Beach areas will likely fit the bill.

https://www.caymangoodtaste.com

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 2:41 PM, MrSchwump said:

Caybrew is the worst beer I’ve ever had. The only beer I’ve ever thrown away!

lol, different strokes for different folks…it’s the local equivalent to Budweiser and such, it’s not a craft beer by any stretch of the imagination.

For craft and specialty beers, there’s Craft - https://biteclubcayman.com/restaurant/craft-fb-co/ - but most of their beer is imported.

We are going to be there the first week in February and I just bought a day pass for Coral Beach that day.  Will give it a try and see how it goes.  We were big fans of going to Calico Jack's for many years, and post covid have been going mostly to the public beach area where CJ's used to be.  But I am apparently pretty easy to please since Caybrew is fine with me.  ROFL.  We drink the local stuff instead of imported as often as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...