Kirkwall/Orkney Tour: does the Stagecoach T11 still run? (new route name?)

KKB

Did this in May & it was a terrific tour.

Wanting to take friends & DH in April.

Whatsinport.com no longer lists the T11 specifically.

Here is the link to Stagecoach's routes: file:///Users/kristinbunde/Downloads/All%20Bus%20Routes.pdf

Can anyone help me--we are there Sunday April 28.

Will we be able to do a similar tour?

If so, can you tell my which bus/route to take?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, KKB said:

we are there Sunday April 28

You may or may not be lucky as the Stagecoach website says it will run from "30th April until 24th September 2023 (and corresponding dates in subsequent years)" - Visit Orkney with Stagecoach Bus

Now the 30th April 2023 was the last Sunday in April, so it depends whether they mean it will run from the last Sunday in April every year or the 30th April every year.

Perhaps contacting them directly will give you an answer - Contact us FAQs | Stagecoach (stagecoachbus.com)

13 hours ago, KKB said:

Here is the link to Stagecoach's routes: 

You actually used a link to a downloaded copy on your computer, just for info. 

43 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

the Stagecoach website says it will run from "30th April until 24th September 2023 (and corresponding dates in subsequent years)"

It also adds, "and when cruise liners call at Kirkwall ", but that's certainly the page to keep an eye on.

6 hours ago, 9265359 said:

You may or may not be lucky as the Stagecoach website says it will run from "30th April until 24th September 2023 (and corresponding dates in subsequent years)" - Visit Orkney with Stagecoach Bus

Now the 30th April 2023 was the last Sunday in April, so it depends whether they mean it will run from the last Sunday in April every year or the 30th April every year.

Perhaps contacting them directly will give you an answer - Contact us FAQs | Stagecoach (stagecoachbus.com)

THANK YOU--THAT was the page I saw earlier.

I saw the dates but the comment that says "AND WHEN cruise liners call at Kirkwall" gives me hope.

Edited by KKB

On 12/28/2023 at 3:37 PM, KKB said:

Did this in May & it was a terrific tour.

Wanting to take friends & DH in April.

Whatsinport.com no longer lists the T11 specifically.

Here is the link to Stagecoach's routes: file:///Users/kristinbunde/Downloads/All%20Bus%20Routes.pdf

Can anyone help me--we are there Sunday April 28.

Will we be able to do a similar tour?

If so, can you tell my which bus/route to take?

Thanks!

When you did the tour, did you go to the Visitor Center to get the bus? Did you buy your ticket on the bus? No reservations needed?

Thanks!!

51 minutes ago, trrn2016 said:

When you did the tour, did you go to the Visitor Center to get the bus? Did you buy your ticket on the bus? No reservations needed?

Thanks!!

Bought tickets at tourist center.

just be early—not sure everyone got tix

• 3 weeks later...

I've looked at the timetables, but it just seems to be a HOHO without any time to visit Skara Brae or the other megaliths. I found the website quite confusing. However, some of the posters claimed they had time in these places. Can someone enlighten me pls?

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2024 at 4:10 PM, kazganymede said:

I've looked at the timetables, but it just seems to be a HOHO without any time to visit Skara Brae or the other megaliths. I found the website quite confusing. However, some of the posters claimed they had time in these places. Can someone enlighten me pls?

It is NOT a HOHO--you will be going to some fairly remote areas & I saw no other buses on the entire tour.

We did not stop at Skara Brae but we did stop at Ring of Brodgar & had time to walk around & take pics. I have not other pics from that tour but we saw a lot of the area & the  driver gave us lots of info on the area. We then wandered Kirkwall--a lovely little seaside town.

6 hours ago, KKB said:

It is NOT a HOHO--you will be going to some fairly remote areas & I saw no other buses on the entire tour.

We did not stop at Skara Brae but we did stop at Ring of Brodgar & had time to walk around & take pics. I have not other pics from that tour but we saw a lot of the area & the  driver gave us lots of info on the area. We then wandered Kirkwall--a lovely little seaside town.

Did you have a difficult time getting tickets that morning?

14 hours ago, trrn2016 said:

Did you have a difficult time getting tickets that morning?

We did not; but we were there about 9AM for a 10AM departure.

It was a full bus

• Like 1