Snow times on Majestic Princess

newfielover

34 minutes ago, newfielover said:

Snow times on Majestic Princess 

❄️ I wouldn't expect too much snow in August - even in Alaska. 😁

Usually shows are at 7:30 and 9:30.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Haha 5

I am currently on Majestic and it is indeed 7:30 and 9:30--and the shows are spectacular!

I would note two things.  First, people arrive really early and you need to be in the theatre about 30 minutes to secure a good seat.  Also, the early show tends to have more children, and they can be a bit disruptive (at least on our holiday cruise, which has hundreds of children).

In regards to the need to arrive very early for show seating...on our last 2 cruises we booked Premier fare, basically just to see what it was like.  It's a lot of money...but one of the perks is reserved seating in the theater for *production* shows.  (ONLY the production shows.)  They hold a large block of seats up until 15 minutes before showtime for Premier seating but after that point it is opened up for anybody, if there are any seats still available.  That's really nice even though I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are "premium" seats.  The ones we got were good seats, but they were not up near the front as we somewhat expected.

On 12/28/2023 at 6:11 PM, newfielover said:

Hahahaha, I live in Minnesota and we don’t have snow right now either.

i meant show times 🤣🤣🤣

If you want me to, I change the title for you.  Just let me know.  

snow times did make me smile though!

9 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

They hold a large block of seats up until 15 minutes before showtime for Premier seating but after that point it is opened up for anybody, if there are any seats still available.  That's really nice even though I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are "premium" seats. 

On our current cruise (Majestic) they hold them until five minutes before showtime and make an announcement when they are available.  However, it seems that non-premiere guests are taking them well in advance, and there is no enforcement.  We were sitting one row behind the premiere row when a father put his two teen daughters in premiere seats and told them to save two more. He told them that they should say they are premiere passengers if anyone asked--and one daughter protested.  ("But dad, we aren't!")

There was one full row of great seats in the centre section, and then a large block on the left a bit further up.

12 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

On our current cruise (Majestic) they hold them until five minutes before showtime and make an announcement when they are available.  However, it seems that non-premiere guests are taking them well in advance, and there is no enforcement.  We were sitting one row behind the premiere row when a father put his two teen daughters in premiere seats and told them to save two more. He told them that they should say they are premiere passengers if anyone asked--and one daughter protested.  ("But dad, we aren't!")

There was one full row of great seats in the centre section, and then a large block on the left a bit further up.

That dad is setting a great example...

• Like 1