What's the actual hold limit? 24 hours or 72?

ed111

So my TA put my reservation on hold yesterday, and said I have until Monday to put down a deposit. That would mean it's a 3-day hold.

Everything I've read online says the hold limit is 24 hours. Online it says "Your cruise is on hold, but time is running out"

Can anyone confirm? Obviously if the agent is incorrect, it's not like they can force NCL to do anything if prices change. 

18 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

As your TA. Big agencies have their own block of rooms. 

Perhaps, but a TA, even a big TA, would not have multiple rooms in multiple categories on multiple ships on multiple itineraries.

It's like those sites selling hotel rooms.  It's unlikely they will rooms available on all nights in all categories.

18 hours ago, ed111 said:

So my TA put my reservation on hold yesterday, and said I have until Monday to put down a deposit. That would mean it's a 3-day hold.

Everything I've read online says the hold limit is 24 hours. Online it says "Your cruise is on hold, but time is running out"

Can anyone confirm? Obviously if the agent is incorrect, it's not like they can force NCL to do anything if prices change. 

One thing, I've learned when I do 'fake bookings' looking for cruises, Don't click on the cabin you want on the cruise line website.  That will initiate a hold on that room and your TA will have to wait till the hold goes away to book that room.  Do the 'fake' booking for the room next door, etc.

• Like 1