MNVV Explained please

Kailey73

We are on three back to back cruises with Resilient Lady from Sydney to Athens as first time ever cruisers in March24. When we booked through My Cruises travel site they promised $400 bar tab for every leg so $1200 total. We have recently been given on the VV app $300 MNVV sailor loot for each leg and people are saying in our Facebook group that this is the bar tab but I don’t think it is. Can the experienced VV sailors please help and explain what the MNVV is? Thanks 😊

How then did we end up with it in the first place as not everyone who is in our group that booked through the same travel agent has it? We only have these three back to back cruises booked we haven’t booked any others yet 😊

MNVV stands for "my next Virgin Voyage" and the deal is that basically you pay $300 for the certificate and in return get that $300 applied to the trip cost PLUS $300 off cruise fare and $600 in sailor loot (onboard credit).  Because the certificates are transferrable, many travel agents buy the max allowed in advance and then sell them to clients as an extra perk.  IF this was the case, you should have seen $300 off your cruise fare as well as $600 loot on each leg.  I did see that loot was going to be decreasing, but thought that was after Jan 1.

VV is currently offering free bar tab of $600 for cruises over 14 nights, decreasing amounts for shorter cruises.

If you have any loyalty status on any other line, apply for the status match NOW as that is scheduled to end at midnight tomorrow--don't know if the ending is based on application date or processing date.  Apply for both of you.  If you qualify, you get another nice package of perks including one complimentary load of laundry (important on your long cruise).

I would be questioning your agent as to exactly what you got and why.

Loot can be used for anything on board.  Bar tab can be used for any beverage that has a cost (alcoholic or not, smoothie, cold pressed juices, specialty coffee and tea, etc)

MNVV only applies in Sea Terrace or above cabins

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1