Solo cabin Dining Question

ddlb

If you book a solo cabin, and select all the FAS options do you only get the specialty dining meal for yourself or is it for two people like it shows on the selection?

Save up to $160 and savor free meals at our Specialty Dining venues for Guests 1 & 2. Gratuities will be added to your booking.

26 minutes ago, ddlb said:

If you book a solo cabin, and select all the FAS options do you only get the specialty dining meal for yourself or is it for two people like it shows on the selection?

Save up to $160 and savor free meals at our Specialty Dining venues for Guests 1 & 2. Gratuities will be added to your booking.

A reservation system is not a dining giveaway.

They just don't bother showing singles as an option because you are still using a two-top.

• Like 1

guest 2 needs to be on your booking to get the free at the sea benefits

if you are solo and the only guest, there is only guest 1 in the booking so you only you get the benefit and no on elese

8 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

A reservation system is not a dining giveaway.

They just don't bother showing singles as an option because you are still using a two-top.

So it is only good for me?  $11.80 gratuity for 1 meal on a 7 day cruise?

For dining everyone in the room has to have their own credits. In a non-solo situation, FAS doesn't give anything to the 2nd person for free, they have to buy the FAS to get the benefit.  $11.80 sounds about right for gratuity. It's 20% of the "cost" and I think the FAS pegs the price around $50 (i.e. you'd save $50 if you uncheck it)

29 minutes ago, macewank said:

For dining everyone in the room has to have their own credits. In a non-solo situation, FAS doesn't give anything to the 2nd person for free, they have to buy the FAS to get the benefit.  $11.80 sounds about right for gratuity. It's 20% of the "cost" and I think the FAS pegs the price around $50 (i.e. you'd save $50 if you uncheck it)

The savings would be, hypothetically, that same $11.80 - not $50.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

The savings would be, hypothetically, that same $11.80 - not $50.

Well, if we're getting technical, it would be $70 ($59 + gratuity).

If you untick the box for dining credits during checkout, it drops the price of the cruise fare.

edit: by more than the gratuity I thought?

Edited by macewank

33 minutes ago, macewank said:

Well, if we're getting technical, it would be $70 ($59 + gratuity).

If you untick the box for dining credits during checkout, it drops the price of the cruise fare.

edit: by more than the gratuity I thought?

Someone is very confused here.

We're talking about Free at Sea. The only fee is for the gratuity. The 59 or 50 does not exist.

Booking party does not pay this, whether they choose the dining program or not.

The only up or down is the $11.80

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Someone is very confused here.

We're talking about Free at Sea. The only fee is for the gratuity. The 59 or 50 does not exist.

Booking party does not pay this, whether they choose the dining program or not.

The only up or down is the $11.80

Actually, the booking party DOES pay the cost either way as the meal price (and the prices for other Free at Sea benefits) are built into the cruise fare that everyone pays. Opting out will save the gratuity, but the base cost built into the fare will still have to be paid.

14 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Actually, the booking party DOES pay the cost either way as the meal price (and the prices for other Free at Sea benefits) are built into the cruise fare that everyone pays. Opting out will save the gratuity, but the base cost built into the fare will still have to be paid.

Welcome back!

2 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Following that line of reasoning, absolutely no add on benefit is free. Everything is paid for from the revenues that NCL receives from all of their customers. The same is true for any company that sells goods or services...no free lunches...or dinners or drinks...or...

• Thanks 1