Shopping Receipts?

Petco

Has anyone ever received a receipt for an item purchased on the high street on board any VV ship? We have shopped there many times and have never received a receipt for anything we’ve purchased. Yes it shows on our cruise portfolio but no receipt at time of purchase. Reason I’m asking is we have a defective item to return and have been told by starboard who run the shops on virgin that we need a receipt in order to make a return.

I have the final statement which shows the purchase but they are asking for the individual receipt for the actual item we purchased.  Have sailed with them 6 times and the only time we were ever offered a receipt was in Europe in order to reclaim the tax paid. 

The shops are contracted out by Virgin. Starboard is already the 2nd contractor for the shops.

You may want to drop an email to sailorservices@VirginVoyages.com and let them know that you routinely don't get receipts, and how this is now causing your difficulty with your return.

I'm not sure if they can step-in, but I'm sure they'd like to know there's a problem.

I suggest keeping it brief, attach a photo of your statement, and a photo of the faulty item, and ask them is they can somehow help you resolve the situation.

Let us know how it works out for you.

We've cruised when they had the first shopping supplier as well as the second--no paper receipts either time.    And frankly, the merchandise isn't any better. There are a few minor differences, but nothing big.

I'd go with the above suggestions.

On 1/2/2024 at 7:53 PM, Petco said:

Reason I’m asking is we have a defective item to return and have been told by starboard who run the shops on virgin that we need a receipt in order to make a return.

OMG don't get me started with Starboard services. You MUST have a receipt to do a return through them. I've been going through Sailor Services to get one because that folio from the ship isn't good enough for them. 

I purchased one of those Red Ahoy red Valiant Lady ships during Thanksgiving. The bar code sticker on the bottom clearly says "Valiant." The ship is Resilient, There is only one place I could have purchased that ship. But starboard is requiring the receipt from Virgin Voyages, the Folio and the photos of the Bar Code Sticker and the Ship are not enough for them. I even wrote to John Diorio to say "What the heck?"  It's not his department but how stupid is that situation? 

On 1/2/2024 at 8:59 PM, CineGraphic said:

Virgin sends a final statement via email after the cruise. That should be enough.

If you didn't save it, you might want to try calling Sailor Services.

Nope, MUST be a receipt showing the exact item in question. I've been waiting since the first week in December to get one from VV. My advice, don't buy anything onboard, it's not worth the hassle if you have an issue.  

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Nope, MUST be a receipt showing the exact item in question. I've been waiting since the first week in December to get one from VV. My advice, don't buy anything onboard, it's not worth the hassle if you have an issue.  

Wow...that sucks.

If you MUST have a receipt, one would think they MUST give you one.

They shouldn't even be allowed to ask if you want a receipt or not, give\ing you the chance to say "no".

In 4 sailings, I think I've only received a receipt once.

Receipts are in the app whist onboard. I've always screen shotted these to help keep track. I would assume VV operate an electronic journal and the folio details should be sufficient to recall a given receipt on it. You might have better luck emailing the ship rather than sailor services as they may have easier access to the electronic journal (and accessing it more frequently than a random customer service agent on land).