Recommendations for dinner/show timing Luminae

What are your recommendations for the best dinner time/show combo (shows at 7:30 and 9:30 on Ascent)?  Any preference for the early or late showtime?  I'm thinking arriving Luminae at around 7:45-8 (before folks from the early show arrive?), which should give time for a leisurely meal and then a cocktail, perhaps at Martini Bar, before the late showtime.  Thoughts?

It can vary but our experience is late show has less guests.

However, dinner at Luminae at 7:45 would probably not have you out before 9 unless you pass on dessert and tell them you need to rush and be out in 1 hour. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You can also let your waiter know that you are planning on attending the late show. If he/she is a good waiter, they will make sure that you finish your meal in time for you to get a seat at the theatre. If they are a bad waiter, you'll not be able to get dessert.

In my most recent sailing, our waiter Nolan was fantastic, always mindful of the theatre showtime. In a previous sailing, despite the waiter having been informed on the first day of the cruise that we wanted to finish our dinners in time to attend the shows, he couldn't care less. After two days of missing dessert, I complained to the maitre d', who in turn had the audacity to tell us that if we were not happy with Luminae, we could dine at Blu or the MDR. For the remainder of that sailing, we switched tables and the new waiter was outstanding.

Edited by tjunmin

24 minutes ago, richczarnecki said:

How early do you think we need to be at the theater? Is there reserved seating for Retreat guests?

Typically two nights of a 7 day cruise, I believe the nights of the production shows, there will be reserved seating on the upper deck for Retreat guests. The seats are released 10 minutes before showtime. 

I can’t tell you how early. We gave up on the main theater shows years ago. I’ve personally never seen them anywhere near full, but I’m sure others have. I’d be amazed if you had any issues getting in.