Specialty Dining Cancellation

57eric

I found this response from 2017.  Is it still applicable?

Cancellation Policy: Cancellations can be made online up to 7 days prior to embarkation and will receive a full refund to the credit card used. Cancellations can also be made onboard 24 hours prior to your reservation by calling the DINE Line or at the respective specialty dining restaurant. Onboard refunds will be applied to your stateroom account in the form of onboard credit.

I don’t see a restriction on the website.  Most pre purchased items…state you can cancel up to 3 days before sailing and you will get refunded back to your CC.  Once OB, I have cancelled SD and it was refunded as OBC on my folio.

Are we to assume that you are trying to cancel an SD reservation and are somehow having trouble doing so?  Instead of referring back to an old website entry...how about just stating your problem?  I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions.

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Are we to assume that you are trying to cancel an SD reservation and are somehow having trouble doing so?  Instead of referring back to an old website entry...how about just stating your problem?  I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions.

No, I haven't booked anything yet.  Just wanting to understand what flexibility I will have if my plans change.

6 minutes ago, 57eric said:

No, I haven't booked anything yet.  Just wanting to understand what flexibility I will have if my plans change.

It *should* be handled basically the same as a shore excursion that is booked and then cancelled prior to the cruise.  If it's booked with OBC, it should go "back" to OBC. If done with a credit card, it should be refunded back to the same credit card.  (Both of those examples are dependent upon any time window restriction...if done just a couple of days before sailing it will likely end up going back to OBC even if it was originally a credit card transaction.)