Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse (Coral Princess)

dmwnc1959

I’ve been checking out the venue on the Princess app and various Google searches looking for a menu that might be the same as a Panama Canal cruise. All of the images that I have found, even in the Princess website, reflect completely different offerings - even down to itinerary-specific (Australia?) sailings - of the appetizers, main courses, and desserts. Maybe I won’t get to see the Panama Canal menu until much later in 2024 when Coral Princess starts her PC transits? 

The app also lists the per person adult price at $63. Seems a little steep, but I can live with it. 😉 Does that include the gratuity?

I do love the specialty restaurants, and was wondering if the non-steak options in this restaurant would make it worth eating her a few times on a 16-night cruise. I have two free Princess Premire choices and already know I’ll love Sabatini’s. 

Thank you for any insight! 

IMG_2362.jpeg

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I’ve been checking out the venue on the Princess app and various Google searches looking for a menu that might be the same as a Panama Canal cruise. All of the images that I have found, even in the Princess website, reflect completely different offerings - even down to itinerary-specific (Australia?) sailings - of the appetizers, main courses, and desserts. Maybe I won’t get to see the Panama Canal menu until much later in 2024 when Coral Princess starts her PC transits? 

The app also lists the per person adult price at $63. Seems a little steep, but I can live with it. 😉 Does that include the gratuity?

I do love the specialty restaurants, and was wondering if the non-steak options in this restaurant would make it worth eating her a few times on a 16-night cruise. I have two free Princess Premire choices and already know I’ll love Sabatini’s. 

IMG_2362.jpeg

The App may be showing this as the wrong price.  We have thread about the increased price.

When you go to book it, it may charge the correct price, should be $39 PP plus 18% gratuity.  If not, book on the old App or

on the website version of the App under cruise personalizer..checkin and “use our website version” shown under Google Play.

Here’s the link to the thread;

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dmwnc1959 said:

IMG_2362.jpeg

And here’s the menu from

Princess:  

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/bayou-cafe-menu-co.pdf

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

When you go to book it, it may charge the correct price, should be $39 PP plus 18% gratuity.  If not, book on the old App or

on the website version of the App under cruise personalizer..checkin and “use our website. 

Brought it up in the old app and it does display the ‘other’ prices. 😁

IMG_2370.png

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 1

Fairly certain the $63 is the cost in Australian $ when the ship sails in the Australian market. In Australia believe that prices quoted include the service charge.

Not certain but believe the current cost in the U.S. market is US$39 + 18% service charge, or $46.02

The $63 you found is related to the previous cost of US$35 +18%=Approx US$42 which is around AU$63.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1