HAL'S new profit center-Santa Claus

1 hour ago, Billthekid said:

Your the first one to notice of all the readers of the post.  Thanks for being alert. 

I noticed, did not comment on Vincent. I thought that Vincent was part of your gripe, HAL could only get two of the team and one of them was... Vincent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We were also on the NS on Christmas Day, traveling with our three grandchildren and were in the World Stage for the Santa arrival event. Prior to Santa's arrival, the Entertainment Director did a great job of keeping the children engaged with games. Hot Chocolate and Christmas cookies were passed out. There were children there from infant to teenagers. Once Santa arrived they asked children to come down by age group to take a picture with Santa and receive a gift. The younger children received a stuffed animal with Holland America branding...I saw several children carrying them around during the rest of the cruise. The older children received an insulated tumbler/water bottle with NS branding. One of my grandchildren chose to sleep in and was sad she decided not to go when she saw what her siblings got! I did see a few parents taking pictures behind the photographer...they were possibly blocked, but no one was telling them they couldn't. They also allowed families to come up at the end for group pictures.

I think the thing to remember is that the event is for the children and I think every child there had a good time...even the moody teenagers seemed to enjoy themselves. The only people I saw upset were a few babies who weren't sure about Santa!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We were on NA this Christmas and felt they did an excellent job of providing a fun and exciting Christmas for all ages.  On Christmas Eve night the crew and officers performed a concert of Christmas songs followed by a nice message from the captain.  On Christmas Day Santa arrived on stage to the delight of the children.  The kids (all ages) were so excited to see Santa.  This was all topped off with some eggnog.  We really enjoyed Christmas with HAL and now plan to book next Christmas with them! 

• Like 5