Anyone else having trouble with specialty dining credit not showing on either app?

ZRoo

I booked my first cruise with Princess and upgraded to the Princess Premier package when I initially booked the ticket. I have paid in full and as I try to make dinner reservations in both apps it doesn't show my dining credit and tries to charge the cover fee. I know someone else that booked the same cruise but instead upgraded to the premier package after they initially booked their room and their dining credit is showing in the app. I have contacted customer service twice regarding the issue, the call I was told a ticket would be submitted and I would hear back within a week or two... It has been 2 months. On the second call, the rep was able to see my dining credits and was able to reserve one of the dinners with it, but she was also confused that I wasn't able to see it on my app.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Posted (edited)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Just as a troubleshooting check...have you tried the "web version" in the cruise personalizer on a desktop/laptop/tablet?  (In other words...NOT either app.)  Log onto Princess.com, open your cruise personalizer and scroll down just a small bit on the first tab:

web version.jpg

Does it reflect the same thing you are seeing (or rather...not seeing) as either app?  If so, it's time to call or chat with Princess...or your TA if that's how you booked.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

The web version of Dine My Way does reflect the SD and MDR reservations I made months ago. However the CG and CBR specialty reservations charge did hit my CC on file even for the first night where we get a complimentary SD.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Just as a troubleshooting check...have you tried the "web version" in the cruise personalizer on a desktop/laptop/tablet?  (In other words...NOT either app.)  Log onto Princess.com, open your cruise personalizer and scroll down just a small bit on the first tab:

web version.jpg

Does it reflect the same thing you are seeing (or rather...not seeing) as either app?  If so, it's time to call or chat with Princess...or your TA if that's how you booked.

I did try this as well and it did not show either, but looking at it again and it now applies the dining credit. I also checked the app and its now showing as well. Something must've triggered when they made my reservation earlier today.... Weird. Thank you!

Guest Snaxmuppet

I have booked for the first night and it has applied a dining credit (presumably the credit for being in a Suite) but when I try to book a 2nd speciality dining it does not and yet I have Premier.

That is just pathetic tbh.