Trunk Bay umbrellas?

KarimaJ

Yes, but they're small and I'm sure someone at the beach can help you set it up. They rent them at another beach on St John, but that beach is too far for cruisers to get to.

Cinnamon Bay is close enough for cruisers, but I wasn't sure if they rented shade tents until I checked my pictures.

Trunk is supposed to get a new concession that will rent chairs, snorkel gear, etc, so maybe they'll add tents. Haven't seen an announcement of new owner and what they'll offer.

There are no umbrella rentals on Trunk Bay. I've never seen any.

The white shade sun tents Ms411 has mentioned YES I saw those all the time, but not your typical umbrella that you see on other beaches.

The little white half tents those things are SWEET. The sun on St. John is different a small sun tent to crawl into is huge. They fold up into nothing and take less that a minute or so to set up.

I don't know if they rent them or not a couple from the group I went to Trunk Bay with they brought they're own. 

Smart!!

VI beaches, unlike beaches in many other places, used to have ample natural shade for the people who visited the beach.

Now however, there are more people going to the beaches and there isn't enough natural shade for everybody. 

Like TTElllis said, it may be a good idea to BYOS (bring your own shade) so can be protected from the sun no matter which beach you choose.

The Nesso tent is very popular, but there are others. Imo the tents may not be good for people who need to sit in a chair if the tent isn't high enough. I'll post what I have later.

• Thanks 1