Alaska in May - Will we need mosquito repellant?

thecoop

I have done Alaska in May several times and there was only once when I went to Seward and Exit glacier that I needed it. Otherwise, I haven't used it (but always bring it with me but it stays on the ship so it would be useless to me anyways)... I would say probably not but I have not done Denali area and don't know the answer if you are doing a land based trip before or after your cruise.

We did Alaska last May, and the only time we were bothered with any kind of bugs were at one of the Salmon cookout's that was right by a creek..but the setting was so wonderful that we didnt mind much, and they weren't skeeters..just some kind of flying bugs...

Have been twice in May (once at the beginning and once at the end) and didn't notice mosquitos - and I would since my bites tend to swell up badly! Maybe bring it just in case?

We sailed last May and didn't see any mosquitos. The only really annoying thing about our trip were the gnats at the top of Mt. Roberts tram. They were everywhere and made it difficult to smile for pictures and enjoy our hike.

Archived