'Port Congestion' strikes again. Another itinerary change for Regal Jan 21, 2024

t18c97

Just now, azbirdmom said:

Thank you!  I saw that one but nothing is posted beyond January.  Will keep an eye on it.

Last year they had 2023 posted for the whole year, but it looks like for 2024 they are posting by the month.  Hopefully they will get the rest of 2024 uploaded soon 🙂

I just realized that I started this thread but now it says it was started by someone else.  Maybe multiple thread got merged.  Never had this happen before. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Last year they had 2023 posted for the whole year, but it looks like for 2024 they are posting by the month.  Hopefully they will get the rest of 2024 uploaded soon 🙂

I just realized that I started this thread but now it says it was started by someone else.  Maybe multiple thread got merged.  Never had this happen before. 

I think that is what happened.  There was a post just before your's last night.  I was looking at the boards and saw both listed on the first page of posts but now they appear to be merged.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I think that is what happened.  There was a post just before your's last night.  I was looking at the boards and saw both listed on the first page of posts but now they appear to be merged.

I didn't see another thread when I posted (I try to look before starting duplicate threads) so we must have been posting at about the same time.  This one has my subject line so that surprised me when it showed someone else's name. Thanks for the explanation 🙂 

Edited by Paula_MacFan

hmmm, we're in on the Sky Princess on Feb 6 along with the Carnival Jubilee. That's 10K people all together. From what I've read, Mahogany Bay can take 8000 people. Now I'm wondering if they're not going to pull the same stunt that day and claim "port congestion" and skip it. I hope not.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

hmmm, we're in on the Sky Princess on Feb 6 along with the Carnival Jubilee. That's 10K people all together. From what I've read, Mahogany Bay can take 8000 people. Now I'm wondering if they're not going to pull the same stunt that day and claim "port congestion" and skip it. I hope not.

Same cruise - I keep checking our schedule for such changes. IF they happen I hope we see it before boarding. Not that we can do anything about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Same cruise - I keep checking our schedule for such changes. IF they happen I hope we see it before boarding. Not that we can do anything about it. 

That would be a disappointment for sure. Its the beach day we're looking forward to.

I get the disappointment in this thread. We just got off the NYE Regal cruise that visited both Belize City and Roatan. Both were great ports, but Belize City is logistically more complicated. Princess hires massive 'ferry' boats (too big to be called tenders) and they pack people in... it takes at least an hour to board the 'tender' and then get to shore/ship. Factor in that time.

However, we did a cave tubing excursion in Belize, which was fantastic. It was easily the best excursion we had all cruise (11 nights). I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for something fun and different to do.

This was our tour, but there are many others. This one can be combined with a visit to Mayan ruins.

https://www.viator.com/tours/Belize-City/Cave-Tubing-from-Belize-City/d5094-9025P1

Edited by helenb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, helenb said:

I get the disappointment in this thread. We just got off the NYE Regal cruise that visited both Belize City and Roatan. Both were great ports, but Belize City is logistically more complicated. Princess hires massive 'ferry' boats (too big to be called tenders) and they pack people in... it takes at least an hour to board the 'tender' and then get to shore/ship. Factor in that time.

However, we did a cave tubing excursion in Belize, which was fantastic. It was easily the best excursion we had all cruise (11 nights)

Did you happen to see any people in wheelchairs/scooters going on the tenders - NOT walking on?  Belize is one port we'd really like to see IF WE CAN regardless of day we stop. Contacting Princess they almost instantly say NO but some people on these such sites say "Maybe".  Will take a Maybe over Instant NO any day. 

1 hour ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Did you happen to see any people in wheelchairs/scooters going on the tenders - NOT walking on?  Belize is one port we'd really like to see IF WE CAN regardless of day we stop. Contacting Princess they almost instantly say NO but some people on these such sites say "Maybe".  Will take a Maybe over Instant NO any day. 

There were a number of people being taken in wheelchairs to the 'tender', and I saw a couple being met with wheelchairs on the other end (by Princess personnel). I don't know if they had to arrange this in advance or not. there were also a lot of people with walkers and other mobility needs on the 'tender' boat.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 5:03 PM, Paula_MacFan said:

I'm not sure why this glitch  happens sometimes.  It's done it to me as well. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 9:55 AM, cruisequeen4ever said:

I don’t understand why this happens when these schedules are planned like 2 years in advance! 

I am wondering if all the changes so early on are due to princess losing priority status?  They do plan two years in advance and to hear a newer carnival ship got the spot???

On 1/5/2024 at 4:01 PM, azbirdmom said:

Thank you!  I saw that one but nothing is posted beyond January.  Will keep an eye on it.

I looked at this within the last 2 weeks and it showed at least through March when our cruise is. Funny that it is blank now!

11 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I looked at this within the last 2 weeks and it showed at least through March when our cruise is. Funny that it is blank now!

Hmmm, sounds like more changes are coming 😞

• Like 1