Able to book Specialty Dining reservation for party of 8?

ZRoo

Has anyone had success reserving a dinner for a larger party? On the app, when I select 5+ people I get a "No seats available at this team"

I planned on calling this afternoon to try and book it, but was curious others experiences.

Some restaurants simply don't have tables that sit 8.  You did not share what ship you're talking about...that might help.  Also, how far out is your cruise?  If it's fairly close...then you've waited too long.  MANY people book dining as soon as they book the cruise.  Also, did you check the other restaurants as well as other timeslots?  Hard to believe that there is ZERO accommodation...

Oh...and is this on one of the apps (old or new)?  Try the web version in the cruise personalizer while using a desktop/laptop/tablet on Princess.com.  Log into the cruise and open the cruise personalizer.  Scroll down just a bit until you see this:

web version.jpg

29 minutes ago, ZRoo said:

Has anyone had success reserving a dinner for a larger party? On the app, when I select 5+ people I get a "No seats available at this team"

I planned on calling this afternoon to try and book it, but was curious others experiences.

Oh...and Welcome to Cruise Critic!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Some restaurants simply don't have tables that sit 8.  You did not share what ship you're talking about...that might help.  Also, how far out is your cruise?  If it's fairly close...then you've waited too long.  MANY people book dining as soon as they book the cruise.  Also, did you check the other restaurants as well as other timeslots?  Hard to believe that there is ZERO accommodation...

Oh...and is this on one of the apps (old or new)?  Try the web version in the cruise personalizer while using a desktop/laptop/tablet on Princess.com.  Log into the cruise and open the cruise personalizer.  Scroll down just a bit until you see this:

web version.jpg

We will be cruising on Discovery in June 24. I have tried both apps, the old app actually lets me get up to 6 guests, but as soon as I add the seventh I get the message as before. As for the web app... I can't even add guests, when I enter their booking numbers and hit search, nothing happens.

51 minutes ago, ZRoo said:

We will be cruising on Discovery in June 24. I have tried both apps, the old app actually lets me get up to 6 guests, but as soon as I add the seventh I get the message as before. As for the web app... I can't even add guests, when I enter their booking numbers and hit search, nothing happens.

Any time that we have had friends/family that I wanted to have linked to our reservation I have always either called in or did a chat session.  I've always had that piece in place *before* I tried to book reservations...but *in theory* you shouldn't have to do that.  You should always be able to book more than your own seats for someone who is NOT linked.  Not sure what to tell you other than maybe to get the link done first...just a guess.