Single cost more than double

I too have submitted a question for this special webinar regarding the surcharge for solo travelers (even though solos pay double).  I am hoping that solo travelers will attend this webinar to 1) see if the issue is addressed, 2) see if there is a chat function that will allow all solo travelers to repeat these questions in the live chat.  

• Like 2

Things may be changing for the better, albeit slowly. My TA belongs to a large travel consortium. We had been looking for a cruise in late August or early September 2024 to the Caribbean. We were looking at Aqua class, which is ridiculously expensive at double $$, plus whatever they add on to that. She emailed me and said that she had a group on Beyond for a date that was perfect. They had just released a limited number of sky suites to the group booking and she quoted me the price for sailing solo in a S1. The price was way less than booking on the website and just above what I had hoped to spend. I grabbed it immediately. Maybe, just maybe, they are starting to rethink the solo pricing strategy.

Edited by Straughn
  • Like 2

I've not seen this on any of the cruises I have done mock bookings on in the past couple of weeks.  The ones I've looked at are in fact actually less than double (not by a lot though) and I have factored in pre-paying the gratuities.

• Like 1