NCL Viva from San Juan to carribean- Excursions

pm75

Posted (edited)

Hi

Taking NCL Viva from san juan Tortola, Barbados, St Thomas, St Marteen, Adntigua, St Lucia islands.has anyone already taken it yet? would love to chat and discuss. especially confused about the excursions and what may be best options! also would love feedback and lessons learned on the viva as well. I am travelling with my little kid so would appreciate advice on what and what not to do for these islands.

Thanks!

Edited by pm75
Forgot to mention islands

We are doing this cruise in March, just booked. Started looking at the excursions and thinking we may venture out on our own. Too many, all similar, and just overwhelming. So I’ll be curious if there are suggestions. 

Head over to the ports of call board for even more suggestions. You don't say how young your child is, but maybe they'd be interested in seeing the planes come in to the airport in St. Martin? My boyfriend is still like a little kid when it comes to that, so we're going to make a day of it and go plane watching.

If your child is a little older and likes to cook, my sister and I are going to take a cooking class with Nichole's Table. 

We don't take this cruise until March '25 so we still have plenty of time to plan more stuff.

• 1 month later...

On the excursion site, the categories are by port and I don't see a category for "Southern Caribbean excursions". While I can look up things to do at each port (and I will), I'm interested in what are the absolute best 3-4 things to do from all of the stops. What should we absolutely not miss? What should we book in advance? I figure we'll book a few things at some ports but then nothing at the other ports. Our group is two couples, about 50 yrs old with varied interests. Some like snorkeling, history, some not so much. Not interested in NCL's excursions, but will book through Viator or even custom. Want to keep costs down though. What are your thoughts? Where can I get this info?

If booking for  an NCL beach excursion check details. Some do not include chair and umbrella.

i love snorkeling and enjoyed treasure island excursion from Tortola. Last time I was there was 25 years ago and the lack of coral and sponges and decrease in number of fish was startling. Pleasant swim but not much to see. The catamaran and crew however were fantastic.

Interesting to see difference in crowd- a lot more under 60 crowd with this Valentine’s Day cruise than last weeks cruisers.. A lot more early drinking. Even Hudson’s seemed noisier at dinner. This cruise i m staying onboard more-  when most folks get off to see ports the pools are empty.  Better than an At sea day since the ship is relatively empty.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:38 PM, pm75 said:

Hi

Taking NCL Viva from san juan Tortola, Barbados, St Thomas, St Marteen, Adntigua, St Lucia islands.has anyone already taken it yet? would love to chat and discuss. especially confused about the excursions and what may be best options! also would love feedback and lessons learned on the viva as well. I am travelling with my little kid so would appreciate advice on what and what not to do for these islands.

Thanks!

Just got off the Viva (Feb. 11). Did all of those ports. Plenty of beach opportunities in these islands as well as snorkeling. How old are the kids? Zip lining is a fun activity.

So what were the best beaches and snorkelling spots? Also what do you recommend as the best 3-4 excursions between all the stops? We are a group of two couples, about 50 years old. Trying to plan out what we will do, what I need to book now, etc.

2 hours ago, Spencer71 said:

So what were the best beaches and snorkelling spots? Also what do you recommend as the best 3-4 excursions between all the stops? We are a group of two couples, about 50 years old. Trying to plan out what we will do, what I need to book now, etc.

I did the St Lucia snorkeling catamaran today - unlike Tortola coral is still alive, and a lot more fish. If I were only doing one I'd do the St Lucia snorkel, though the crew on Tortola snorkel made that enjoyable.

• Thanks 1