Has anyone recently sailed on the Sunrise?

DanWin

We are thinking of taking a cruise on the Sunrise at the end of November. Has anyone recently sailed on her?  Thinking of an ocean view cabin. We usually get a balcony but trying to keep the cost down a bit. We would appreciate any thoughts on the ship. Thank you and Happy New Year to all!

We primarily book ocean views. We don't think the additional price for a balcony is worth it. We have done it a few times, but we never spend as much time on the balcony as we think we will. And an oceanview is roomier, because the square footage that would otherwise be balcony space is actually inside the cabin. 

Posted (edited)

I was last on Sunshine in September 2022, so over a year ago now. I love the ship. My main advice would be to stick to shoulder season. She can get very crowded during the summer and holiday seasons. So I would avoid a Thanksgiving cruise, personally.

Edited by mz-s

Thank you staceyglow and mz-s.  This is the week that we can take for vacation and this sailing fits perfectly. We just did the Magic two months ago same timing. 

35 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I was last on Sunshine in September 2022, so over a year ago now. I love the ship. My main advice would be to stick to shoulder season. She can get very crowded during the summer and holiday seasons. So I would avoid a Thanksgiving cruise, personally.

The question was about Sunrise. I can't say I haven't made that mistake before, though, talking about one ship when the question was about another. 😄

And your advice about avoiding Thanksgiving crowds is good advice for any ship. Not just Sunrise/shine lol.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You are right sorry I misread the title of the post, it's about Sunrise not Sunshine. I've never sailed on Sunrise.

It's ok. I recently made a comment in a thread about the Pride when the question was about Panorama. At least yours was the same class of ship. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I sailed on her on a 4 day to Bahamas in December 2022, Nassau and Princess Cay.  I think it is a good sized ship.  I didn't have any issues with the ship and had the same great crew i know to expect.  If you have any questions, can try to answer. 

Edited by alias47

I have sailed on Sunrise 3 times and booked myself again for December. I agree about shoulder season. We book on 5th deck. When this ship was Triumph, those cabins didn’t exist. They were new to Sunrise. When we do short cruises we do ocean view or inside. We have found the larger shaped insides to be a really nice, but we also did an ocean view on 5th.