Cabin availability

Hello. We are booked on a 14 day cruise, which can be done as 2 7 day cruises. There is a cabin which is available on both 7 day cruises. Does anyone know if its possible to have that cabin transferred to the 14 day inventory and for us to book it? Thanks in advance for your responses

Yes, I have done this three times. I phone and ask for the cabin to be taken out of the short cruise inventories and put into the longer cruise inventory and then assigned to me. Enjoy your cruise.

Just now, colbe said:

Yes, I have done this three times. I phone and ask for the cabin to be taken out of the short cruise inventories and put into the longer cruise inventory and then assigned to me. Enjoy your cruise.

I should have said that you can phone the Sydney office and they will contact Seattle and organise the change while you wait.

I had no problem getting a room that did not show as available on my 28-day cruise but was available for a 41-day cruise (of which my 28-day was a part). I just sent an email and they changed my booking. As a 'bonus', the room I preferred was a lower Cat. and my fare went down.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Hello. We are booked on a 14 day cruise, which can be done as 2 7 day cruises. There is a cabin which is available on both 7 day cruises. Does anyone know if its possible to have that cabin transferred to the 14 day inventory and for us to book it? Thanks in advance for your responses

I had the exact situation and my PCC put me on hold (which she rarely does) and talked to Inventory and they put the (two) cabins into the combined cruise category (?). The fare was considerably less!

Can you use PCC in Brisbane? A TA should be able to do the same. @colbe did it on the local number I see above!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Hi all. Thanks for your responses.  I did contact Sydney office and they said it wasn't possible.....I tried to request a PCC and the website said bad link.......

Call Sydney back, ask either to be connected to Inventory OR to a supervisor and if you're talking to a supervisor, ask for a manager! It is DEFINITELY possible.

You have it here, from both sides of the globe!

There are lots of new-hires since the pandemic eased...

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone

Rang back on Sydney number this morning. Got a newby who didn't understand my request and eventually told me to ring on the Australian number (which I had used to get him!)  I rang again, same number, got a different rep named Jackie who was amazing. Extremely helpful and knew her stuff. Now have new cabin, huge balcony. Was not able to help with dining reservations as they have not been "loaded" yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2024 at 7:11 PM, Bizziecruzer said:

Hi all. Thanks for your responses.  I did contact Sydney office and they said it wasn't possible.....I tried to request a PCC and the website said bad link.......

That is crazy. I have recently done exactly what you want to do by ringing the Sydney office. Sounds like you got an untrained holiday worker.

3 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Thanks everyone

Rang back on Sydney number this morning... Now have new cabin, huge balcony. Was not able to help with dining reservations as they have not been "loaded" yet. 

Yay, congrats - happy dance!! Unfortunately, it does sometimes take multiple calls, but we work w/what we have 😉